Over Ruling Of Euthanasia Ban In B.C. Fatal Error

David Jeffrey Spetch

Jul 24, 2012, 12:34:36 PM7/24/12
to poli...@googlegroups.com

Over Ruling Of Euthanasia Ban In B.C. Fatal Error

Now before we grasp the entirety of this issue, there are a couple of things to address.

There is this whole black market organ donor thing going on that, if made legal to allow euthanasia, then there is the potential of making dollars for those within the black market and more so over years of pecking away at the court system to make a real killing. (pardon the pun)

Let's take a second and just have a look at some peoples side this picture. For example, imagine you get attacked by a bear. You then wake up in a hospital not knowing where you are because your eyes are gone, your arms are gone, legs are gone, tongue is gone and it never stops feeling like there is a blender spinning in your spine. Would you want to live? All you can do is pretty much scream if your throat wasn't eaten and well lets be honest, who likes listening to screaming in a hospital? It would be a complete nightmare and not much of a life to look forward too in my opinion as it would be very depressing for any of us to want to admit we would rather die than continue experiencing life. If you did want to live in this instance or any other instance and had no way of telling anyone and they came to subject you to euthanasia anyway, how would you like that? Also some people suffering depending upon their condition recover as well do they not?!

In such cases where a person can not coherently communicate I would like to know do medical practitioners have devices to detect nerve pain in an individual whom which they can not coherently communicate with? I do not know myself if they do but for the people out there in such a circumstance it would be certainly a humane device to have for such cases for people who are not able to coherently communicate to at least detect their pain to resolve it.

If we were to allow euthanasia then think about whats next, we have people just assuming that because people can't communicate and appear non locomotion capable for a certain period of time that they must want to die then legalizing euthanasia opens the door on whole new claims of discrimination towards who can and who can't get assisted suicide .... So here we go with several years and billions of Canadian Tax dollars later as well are likely to be consumed in court costs. We are already “very deep” in deficit Canada.

Also I want to point out that I have heard in recent past on the news that there has been talk about people supporting the death penalty of which the death penalty, where on the globe for now exists, has lead innocent people to die for other peoples crimes!

Not only is there just cause for concern about Canadian citizens becoming guinea pigs for the organ donor black market, but in allowing assisted suicide in Canada may also open the door wide open towards support for the death penalty becoming legal!

It is possible that the black market may have a hand in what recently has been transpiring already. If euthanasia becomes legal that's when blackmail, pay offs (sure those within the black market know Canadian Physicians are not the highest paid) threats and whatever else they come up with leads to corruption through illegitimate assisted suicides.

One of the hardest things in life is saying no to someone on specific occasions. In an instance such as this, as hard as it may be for some to explain it, the safety and security of millions of Canadian citizens outweighs allowing assisted suicide of any individual which is why it is of the up most importance to keep the ban on euthanasia.

Why do people make so many decisions based purely on compassion for an individual or group without first considering the whole / bigger picture especially when they are appointed in a governing decision making role such as in this instance being a Judge in a courtroom in BC? I know that, she whom is titled Justice Lynn Smith is only human as we all are and I will not refrain from pointing out that not one of you anywhere on this globe are perfect either. We all either ignore or we learn from mistakes we / others make / history reveals. I would like for Lynn to read this and would like to find out if she learned anything from it even though it is for now within her job description to not only interpret the law but to strike the law when other laws rights or freedoms contradict it. I think it is good that she did this for the reason we can shut it down before it becomes a problem or would otherwise possibly become an issue at a more inopportune time down the road. If provisions in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms are opening the door for this sort of occurrence in a court room as justification for encouraging legalization of euthanasia then the provisions in the Charter of Rights quite obviously need be revised / re written.

I was under the impression that it was up to elected Members of parliament, Members of Legislative Assembly or Provincial Parliament and even City Council to construct laws based upon democracy and I thought it was up to Municipal, Provincial and Federal judges to interpret the law not change them! The way it's all set up for now, it appears to be within the judges right to interpret the law as well make a decision to strike a law created by Parliament. How did it come to be that Judges can single handedly over turn laws / legislation in a democratic country? Perhaps we soon put a stop to this as we act upon need for protocol about Parliament for example accepting judges subjecting their reasons for wanting to change the law to Members of Parliament during a case before Parliament accepts this information as priority, debates and votes almost immediately whether or not to change / create / dismiss that law in question. We then must have a way that Members of Parliament can debate and vote upon these types of court issues ASAP. (have a limitation on time MP's have to react) and if it comes down to The Charter of Rights and Freedoms contradicting laws, then we obviously need to do some revision.

I have the feeling that everything from the Constitution to the Charter of rights and Freedoms / all previously constructed laws etc. needs to be reviewed, re organized, revised / re written. Some may call this a can of worms but I suspect that many are aware that this eventually needs to be done and the longer we wait, the bigger the mess it will obviously be.

What people primarily need to work on and learn in this Country and Globe for that matter is that ignorance towards primary fundamental information / fact / the whole picture has proven throughout history to be one of human kinds worst enemies and is a poor excuse in support of any issue! Ignorance does not genuinely solve problems instead it escalates and / or prolongs problems while people encouraging ignorance generally live in a bubble. We can't keep ignoring that we have contradictions within our system.

Good to see the Canadian Federal Government taking action towards appealing this BC Supreme Court decision to overturn the ban on euthanasia.

After passing what I think was my first gall stones a couple of months back, and I lay with a rapidly rising temperature in a cold tub and I fought for my life, I remember thinking for a second that the agony I was experiencing had me contemplating literally just giving up and dying. Because my mental state at the time was at it's weakest it has ever been, it took everything I had to muster the simple plan to merely sit forward and splash cold water over my jugulars which took everything I had. There was no 1000 pound weight on every limb of my body but for a while there it sure felt like it. I understand losing the will to live better than some may think in lieu of this experience. What it boils down too is that it's as simple as how you feel weighed against your will to live at any given duration in time.

Understand, people who seek euthanasia are not seeking to put Canadians lives at risk, they are just sick of their agony and want out. I strongly feel that in continuing to support the ban on euthanasia, we would be humanitarian to find and consider new ways to raise the quality of life of those individuals legitimately in a situation of genuinely seeking euthanasia.

I would also like to point out that I notice on my previous composition on Immigration Reform, I pointed out a speech by Jason Kenney that took place Feb. 11 only I now notice that it was given 2011 rather than 2012 as I previously stated.

Love

David Jeffrey Spetch

Ps. Be good, be strong!