Routledge Handbook of Applied Political Management Rolling call for chapter proposals, 2022-3

Jennifer Lees-Marshment

Apr 13, 2022, 1:44:43 AM4/13/22
to political marketing google group

Dear all

Please consider and circulate the below call for chapters.

Routledge Handbook of Applied Political Management Rolling call for chapter proposals, 2022-3

Edited by Jennifer Lees-Marshment, University of Auckland, New Zealand

The Routledge Handbook of Applied Political Management is an exciting book which Routledge has commissioned to stimulate research in this emerging field. We have contracted many wonderful chapters for this project but there is still space for more!

We will consider new proposals on an ongoing basis - as long as we have space left - up to the deadline for the first draft: 1 April 2023.

Please consider submitting a chapter proposal this year, using the proposal form. We are holding an online workshop during Monday 29 August 2022-Saturday 10 September 2022 so if you can submit by 1 July 2022 there is the potential you could be included as a presenter and meet other authors and get feedback on your ideas. Below is an outline of what we are looking, or get in touch with the editor Jennifer Lees-Marshment on j.lees-m...@auckland.ac.nz.

Handbook timeframe 2022-2023

Online workshop

during Monday 29 August 2022-Saturday 10 September 2022

Draft 1 of chapter

Draft 2 of chapter

Chapter requirements

Chapters should be up to 7000 words including references/tables and:

  • Be on political management, i.e. how politics is managed.
  • Include empirical content
  • Include lessons for both practitioners and academics

Peer review

All chapters will reviewed twice by the advisory board and/or editor to provide quality assurance.

What we are looking for

Political management is about how to get things done by managing resources and people within political organisations.  It applies and adapts concepts from business management to politics including five core areas of political management: Political Planning, Political Organising, Political HR, Political Leadership and Political Reviewing. We want chapters which will showcase what political management is about, how effectively it is currently used, best practice principles, and its’ implications and thus lay foundations for research in political management in the years to come. Suggested chapter sections and themes and further details on the scope of political management are on the book project webpage. The chapter proposal form can be downloaded from:

https://politicalmanagement.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/applied-political-management-chapter-proposal-form-1.docx

Best wishes,

Jennifer

Associate Professor Jennifer Lees-Marshment www.lees-marshment.org

j.lees-m...@auckland.ac.nz

Zoom personal meeting room: https://auckland.zoom.us/my/jenniferleesmarshment

New books:

Political Marketing and Management in the New Zealand 2020 Election

Political Management: The Dance of Government and Politics ebook kindle version

University of Auckland/Waipapa Taumata Rau

School of Social Sciences/Te Pokapū Pūtaiao Pāpori

Politics & IR, Private Bag 92019 Auckland New Zealand

Associate member of Koi Tū: Centre for Informed Futures

Convenor, University COI on Employability

Employability Advocate, Social Sciences

Editor of Palgrave Studies in Political marketing and management

Political management site

Political marketing resource site