Facebook rant

ImStillMags Mags

Oct 5, 2022, 4:14:21 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
I don't believe for a second that abortion is murder. I fully support a woman's right to choose an abortion, for any reason, at any time. What she does with her body is not my business. It is, frankly, only her business.
That said, in the Republican Cinematic Universe, abortion is murder, legally and morally. In the Republican Cinematic Universe, where Donald Trump is a virtuous and intelligent man who cares deeply about American values, Herschel Walker is a murderer. In fact, he's murdered multiple people.
So by their own logic and the rules they've attempted to impose on the vast majority of Americans who do not agree with them, Republicans are supporting and protecting a man who murdered babies, lied about it, and then went on to claim that he is in agreement with whatever the most regressive, authoritarian, evangelicals in his party.
Once again, according to the Republican party and its members, Herschel Walker is a murderer and a liar who lied about killing babies.
... and isn't it just so interesting that all of the sudden, Republican pundits, loudmouths, agitators, and elected officials are not calling for this person who they have told their voters is the definition of a baby killer to drop out of the race.
It's just so interesting to me that Republicans have hollered as loudly as they can for decades about the "sanctity of life" and all that, they stole SCOTUS seats to overturn Roe, and a number of states have outlawed even basic medical procedures entirely unrelated to abortion, because the doctors are so terrified of being imprisoned by overzealous prosecutor.
Here, Republicans are handed a GOLDEN opportunity to show the people who support them entirely because of the abortion issue, that they are morally and ethically consistent, by forcing Walker to drop out. He is, after all, a MURDERER, by their rules.
But they won't. And we all know why. We've known this forever, and yet right now, at this moment, the craven mendacity of the Republican party is on display so simply and clearly, a child can understand it. But Republican voters are so stupid, so selfish, so deliberately ignorant, they won't hold their party or their politicians accountable at all. Walker will be cruel to the people they hate, and that's all they care about.
It would just be fantastic if political journalists would press every single elected Republican and every single Republican candidate to explain how they can square their insistence that abortion is murder with their unwavering support for a man who, by their definition, has paid for the murder of multiple children.
I mean, come on.

-WW

Hippie

Oct 5, 2022, 4:22:20 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
FSHYt4IXIAApm9q.jpg

Lobo

Oct 5, 2022, 4:43:05 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
So, Mark... do you have any problem with Herschel Walker paying $700 for his girlfriend to get an abortion, because he didn't think it was the "right time" in his career for her to be having a child? (Putting aside the at least four other kids he fathered out of wedlock.)

Of course, it also probably wasn't the "right time" in her life to be having a baby for that 10 year old girl who got raped by her father, and had to travel to a free state to get an abortion. But ol' Family Values Herschel would have her prosecuted for "murder", probably as an adult.

BTW: The vast majority of "babies" that get aborted look closer to this than the one in your picture:

Human_embryo.jpg

Hippie

Oct 5, 2022, 5:30:42 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
An anonymous woman who makes a claim while providing no proof. Such a typical ploy from the left.

Herman Adler

Oct 5, 2022, 5:33:29 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
The fact Herschel Walker paid for an abortion doesn't matter to you, right, mark?

Lobo

Oct 5, 2022, 6:08:16 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
<< An anonymous woman who makes a claim while providing no proof. Such a typical ploy from the left.  >>

In fact, she provided a $575 receipt for the procedure, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of the signed $700 personal check from Walker, for the abortion and related expenses. The abortion of Walker's would-have-been child has also been corroborated by friends who she confided to about it at the time. Walker even sent her a signed "get well" card at the time of the procedure.

Why would anyone believe Herschel Walker? Do you actually believe his assertion that he graduated from college at the top of his class? The guy can barely spell his own name.

It's really kind of sad. He was one of the greatest football players ever. And even though everyone knew Coach Vince Dooley got him through college without having to learn or be tested on anything, most Georgians were willing to look the other way on that. But instead of resting his laurels on football, he got talked by Donald Trump into running for political office, and in so doing exposed himself not only as a highly ignorant clown, but a ridiculous liar, a wife-beater (he even held a gun to her head!), the producer of at least four bastard children, and a person with the morals and sense of right and wrong of a sewer rat.

Lobo

Oct 5, 2022, 6:13:54 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-life-herschel-walker-paid-for-girlfriends-abortion-georgia-senate
‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion
NOT FOR THEE

The woman has receipts—and a “get well” card she says the football star, now a Senate candidate, sent her.

Updated Oct. 04, 2022 1:31AM ET / Published Oct. 03, 2022 7:00PM ET
EXCLUSIVE
Photo Illustration by Elizabeth Brockway/The Daily Beast/Getty
Listen to article11 minutes

Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.

A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009 he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.

She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

The woman said there was a $125 difference because she “ball-parked” the cost of an abortion after Googling the procedure and added on expenses such as travel and recovery costs.

Additionally, The Daily Beast independently corroborated details of the woman’s claims with a close friend she told at the time and who, according to the woman and the friend, took care of her in the days after the procedure.

The woman said Walker, who was not married at the time, told her it would be more convenient to terminate the pregnancy, saying it was “not the right time” for him to have a child. It was a feeling she shared, but what she didn’t know was that Walker had an out-of-wedlock child with another woman earlier that same year.

Asked if Walker ever expressed regret for the decision, the woman said Walker never had. Asked why she came forward, the woman pointed to Walker’s hardline anti-abortion position.

“I just can’t with the hypocrisy anymore,” she said. “We all deserve better.”

After The Daily Beast reached out to the Walker campaign for comment, Robert Ingram, a lawyer representing both the campaign and Walker in his personal capacity, responded.

“This is a false story,” Ingram said in a phone call, adding that he based that conclusion on anonymous sources.

“All you want to do is run with stories to target Black conservatives,” he said. “You focus on Black conservatives.”

Ingram asked The Daily Beast to disclose the identity of the woman, but we declined.

After the story published, Walker released a statement in which he called the story a "flat-out lie" and said he denied it in the "strongest possible terms."

"I'm not taking this anymore. I planning [sic] to sue the Daily Beast for this defamatory lie. It will be filed tomorrow morning," he said.

Meanwhile, Herschel's adult son, Christian Walker, lashed out on Twitter—in defense of The Daily Beast and against his father.

“Every family member of Herschel Walker asked him not to run for office, because we all knew (some of) his past. Every single one,” Walker tweeted.

“He decided to give us the middle finger and air out all of his dirty laundry in public, while simultaneously lying about it.

“I’m done.”

According to the $575 receipt, the abortion took place on Sept. 12, 2009. And according to the Bank of America deposit receipt, Walker wrote the woman a check for $700 on Sept. 17, 2009. The check was deposited two days later.

The woman, who also provided proof of her romantic relationship with Walker, told The Daily Beast that he mailed her the check inside the “get well” card.

The front of that card features a drawing of a steaming cup of tea and reads, “Rest, Relax…” The message continues on the inside of the card: “…Recover.”

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast, Photos Obtained by The Daily Beast

The card is signed, “Pray you are feeling better,” with an “H” in Walker’s distinctive autograph flourish.

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast, Photos: Ebay/HistoryForSale.com

The woman, a registered Democrat who still communicates with Walker, said he did not tell her about his plan to run for the Senate before his announcement in August 2021. Since then, however, one of Walker’s top surrogates has asked her repeatedly if she would be willing to vouch for his character, reaching out as recently as this August.

In a 40-minute phone call this June about one of his out-of-wedlock children, The Daily Beast pressed Walker repeatedly on whether he had ever knowingly had an abortion with any of his past partners. After dodging the question multiple times, he ultimately said he had not.

Weeks later, a Democratic activist pretending to be a Walker supporter posed the same question at a campaign event, asking the NFL star whether he had ever “funded” or “caused somebody to have an abortion.”

“No,” Walker replied twice, which the activist recorded on video.

Walker is running in one of the most important races in the country, and the outcome could determine which party controls the Senate. It’s also one of the closest races in the country, with recent polls showing Walker just behind his Democratic opponent, incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock.

But Walker—who according to his ex-wife held a gun to her head and was “gonna blow my brains out”—has been continually rocked by reports that he has lied about his past and covered up several love children. Still, the claim that he not only urged a romantic partner to have an abortion but paid for it could be the most explosive revelation yet.

Following the Supreme Court’s repeal of Roe v. Wade in July, abortion rights have become a pivotal campaign issue across the country. The ruling fueled spikes in voter registration and turnout in contests nationwide, especially among women. A recent CBS/YouGov survey found that likely Georgia voters who said the abortion issue is “very important” were more than twice as likely to support Warnock, 67 percent to Walker’s 32 percent.

In such an environment, many Republicans vying for mainstream support in tight races have tried to play to the center, hoping not to alienate women voters.

Not Walker.

Abortion has been front and center in Georgia for months—thanks in large part to Walker’s own comments. The University of Georgia football icon has drawn media attention with his outspoken, absolutist position in support of a total ban, both statewide and federally. He has repeatedly likened the procedure to murder, and does not support any exceptions, including for rape, incest, or the life of the mother—instances Walker has dismissed as “excuses.”

“There’s no exception in my mind,” Walker told reporters in May. “Like I say, I believe in life. I believe in life.”

Walker has also said that his anti-abortion position is not a recent shift, claiming last month that he has “always” been “for life.”

Two weeks ago, Walker broke with other Senate candidates when he volunteered his support for a 15-week federal ban put forth by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC). Other candidates ducked comment on the Graham proposal, but Walker told Politico that, if elected, he “WOULD” back such a bill.

“Raphael Warnock wants to protect the killing of babies right up to the moment of birth. We need to do better,” Walker told Politico in a statement. “I am a proud pro-life Christian, and I will always stand up for our unborn children. I believe the issue should be decided at the state level, but I WOULD support this policy.”

At a July campaign event for Georgia farmers, Walker was asked if he thought voters would have the state’s recently passed ban in mind when they cast ballots in November.

“People aren’t concerned about that,” Walker said, according to The Gainesville Times. “People are concerned about the gas, they’re concerned about food. They’re not even talking about that. That’s not what I’m hearing about.”

Four days earlier, Walker said at another campaign stop that “there’s not a national ban on abortion right now and I think that’s a problem. I’m pro-life and I’m not going to make an excuse for it.”

While that stance may lose some voters, it has endeared him to anti-abortion advocates, who have held him up as a champion for the cause.

“Herschel Walker will be a most effective champion for unborn babies and their mothers in Washington and he has demonstrated the passion and perseverance it takes to win the critically important Georgia Senate race,” said Carol Tobias, the president of National Right to Life, whose group endorsed Walker over his Republican primary opponents in April.

Walker is twice-married, with four known children, all from different mothers. The Daily Beast revealed in July that Walker had lied to his own campaign staff when he denied the existence of two of those children, whom Walker had also kept from the public for years despite speaking out against fatherless homes in the Black community.

One of those children was born the same year Walker paid for the abortion.

The next year, 2010, Walker told radio host Howard Stern he had only slept with two women in his life.

Walker claims he is a devout Christian, and he often invokes his faith to justify his anti-abortion position, including on the campaign trail.

“To say that it is OK for a woman to kill her baby when [God] said ‘Thou shall not kill.’ And I said, you know, I can’t, I can’t square it,” Walker said at a conservative Christian values roundtable this August. “I can’t get around that.”

Fritz the Cat420

Oct 5, 2022, 6:16:31 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
Maybe that's because of radical terrorists like you who would harass her, threaten her, and possibly try to kill her. Now run along and OD on Fentanyl or something.

Exposeposers

Oct 5, 2022, 9:06:45 PM10/5/22
to Political Euwetopia
Fox/NewsMax will never give the details of facts, to their geriatric viewers, they guide them into false reality, and the viewers are too fucking dumb to know better. Any chance these brain dead shut-in's know Walkers own, conservative, son immediately called him out for his whoring, deadbeat ways, and fear for the family?
Lobo's profile photo
Lobo

edwino

Oct 6, 2022, 8:17:19 AM10/6/22
to Political Euwetopia
Sitar wrote:

"I don't believe for a second that abortion is murder. I fully support a woman's right to choose an abortion, for any reason, at any time.

Right up to one week after birth?

ImStillMags Mags

Oct 6, 2022, 10:05:42 AM10/6/22
to Political Euwetopia
the rant was copied from a facebook post.  I didn't write it.  My views on abortion have been made well known here.  I support a woman's right to choose.   Your question is silly.   There is no such thing as abortion after birth.

Herman Adler

Oct 6, 2022, 1:44:35 PM10/6/22
to Political Euwetopia
<<< "I don't believe for a second that abortion is murder. I fully support a woman's right to choose an abortion, for any reason, at any time. >>>

Right up to one week after birth?

<<< the rant was copied from a facebook post.  I didn't write it.  My views on abortion have been made well known here.  I support a woman's right to choose.   Your question is silly.   There is no such thing as abortion after birth. >>>
Green-Check-Mark.jpg

edwino

Oct 7, 2022, 8:20:18 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
Sitar,
I recall watching the US news recently and officials (I think it was in New York) were most definitely stating that the woman could choose abortion right up to the point of birth. They explained that if the baby was alive after whatever action was taken, they would just make the baby comfortable and leave it lying on a table until it died naturally. The mother would be made aware of the situation and would choose whether said living baby should live or die!

plainolamerican

Oct 7, 2022, 9:29:35 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
They explained that if the baby was alive after whatever action was taken, they would just make the baby comfortable and leave it lying on a table until it died naturally. The mother would be made aware of the situation and would choose whether said living baby should live or die!
---
It's her choice.

edwino

Oct 7, 2022, 9:32:20 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
I can't believe you're condoning such a thing. Shocking!
If the baby was just left to die, surely that would be murder?

plainolamerican

Oct 7, 2022, 10:04:37 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
I can't believe you're condoning such a thing. Shocking!
If the baby was just left to die, surely that would be murder?
---
Opinion noted.
You act as though a human is something divine. We're animals with free will. Enjoy your stay on the planet that bore and sustains you.

I-think4me

Oct 7, 2022, 10:33:16 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
I can't believe you're condoning such a thing. Shocking!
If the baby was just left to die, surely that would be murder?

You are conflating birth and "late term" abortion,  a rare procedure that is performed in cases of severe fetal abnormalities or when the mother's life or health is endangered.  A healthy full term infant is not going to die if just left on a table and made comfortable.  The situation where such a decision would be made would be one in which there are fetal abnormalities incompatable with any quality of life or life at all.  In such situations it is no more murder than removing a person from life support or honoring do not resuscitate instructions.
Why would you want to prolong the suffering of an infant who is not going to survive?

edwino

Oct 7, 2022, 10:42:19 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
Plainol
You don't agree?
How long do you think it would be before the baby dies?  An hour? 3 or 4? several days?
You seem to be supporting the view that a woman can choose abortion right up to, say, one week after birth?
Crazy!
How is the situation I've described differ from the following: a woman gives birth ... all seems OK ... then 1 hour after birth the baby starts to cry and the woman says she no longer wants it ... and demands it be put to death ... and the medics act on this choice.
It appears, from your preceding comments, you would support this behaviour on the part of the woman and the medics.?
Crazy ... crazy!!!

edwino

Oct 7, 2022, 10:49:28 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
Think,
You've wandered off at a tangent. The situation you're describing was certainly not what was discussed in the news item I quoted. They were talking about perfectly healthy babies that would be allowed to die ... purely based on the whim of the woman.

 I repeat my comment again for ease of reference:

I recall watching the US news recently and officials (I think it was in New York) were most definitely stating that the woman could choose abortion right up to the point of birth. They explained that if the baby was alive after whatever action was taken, they would just make the baby comfortable and leave it lying on a table until it died naturally. The mother would be made aware of the situation and would choose whether said living baby should live or die!

I-think4me

Oct 7, 2022, 11:06:20 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia

You've wandered off at a tangent. The situation you're describing was certainly not what was discussed in the news item I quoted. They were talking about perfectly healthy babies that would be allowed to die ... purely based on the whim of the woman.

 I repeat my comment again for ease of reference:

You did not quote a news item. You surmised your interpretation of a puported news item.  Unless and until you provide a link to an actual news item where lawmakers are discussing allowing perfectly  healthy newborns to die on a whim,  I will have to call BS!

edwino

Oct 7, 2022, 11:16:51 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
While Congress and legislatures in other states have tried to passed laws called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which require doctors to provide appropriate medical care and treatment for babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, the state of New York is moving the other direction. New York now essentially allows infanticide. The law Gov. Cuomo signed repealed section 4164 of NY’s Public Health Law, which mandated medical care for any baby born alive during an abortion.

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/25/new-york-law-legalizing-abortions...

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/25/new-york-law-legalizing-abortions-up-to-birth-revokes-medical-care-for-babies-born-alive-after-abortions/

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/01/29/babies-born-alive-after-abortion-can-be-left-to-die-under-new-york-law-legalizing-abortions-up-to-birth/

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/babies-could-be-killed-28-days-after-being-born-under-proposed-maryland-law-attorney-warns/
---------------------
The abortion debate: The RHA legalizes infanticide
https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/the-abortion-debate-the-rha-legalizes-infanticide/
---------------------
Senate Democrats Insist Babies Born After Abortions Should Be left to die
https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/14/senate-democrats-insist-babies...
14/02/2020 · According to the hospital, this resulted in 10-20 percent of babies destined for abortion being born alive. When this happened, the hospital did no medical assessment of the …
---------------------

plainolamerican

Oct 7, 2022, 11:20:08 AM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
Crazy ... crazy!!!
---
White fundamentalist christians who think they can stop abortions are crazy ... crazy.

Navy

Oct 7, 2022, 12:03:59 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
They don't think they can stop it. But they can put a hell of dent in it. And mostly they can show it's wrong and not ondone it likie you do.

Navy

Oct 7, 2022, 12:04:17 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
condone....

I-think4me

Oct 7, 2022, 12:07:49 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
While Congress and legislatures in other states have tried to passed laws called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which require doctors to provide appropriate medical care and treatment for babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, the state of New York is moving the other direction. New York now essentially allows infanticide. The law Gov. Cuomo signed repealed section 4164 of NY’s Public Health Law, which mandated medical care for any baby born alive during an abortion.

What you are citing is not pro choice legislators advocating for the right of women to kill healthy new borns on a whim. It is anti-abortion groups twisting and distorting the law enacted to claim  that it does something it does not do. The New York law allowing abortions after 24 weeks only applies to non viable fetuses  and in cases where the mother's life or health is at risk.  No body is killing or advocating for killing  perfectly healthy newborns.  To do so is already covered under infanticide laws.

ImStillMags Mags

Oct 7, 2022, 12:14:52 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
The New York law allowing abortions after 24 weeks only applies to non viable fetuses  and in cases where the mother's life or health is at risk.  No body is killing or advocating for killing  perfectly healthy newborns.  To do so is already covered under infanticide laws.
yeah, but that doesn't fit the narrative

plainolamerican

Oct 7, 2022, 1:25:25 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
They don't think they can stop it.
---
They're trying to.

 And mostly they can show it's wrong and not ondone it likie you do.
---
Only the fundamentalist religious think it's wrong.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's sweeping abortion ban was challenged Thursday by three Jewish women who brought a lawsuit arguing that it violates their religious rights under the state's constitution.

The legal challenge, filed in state court in Louisville, says the state's Republican-dominated legislature “imposed sectarian theology” by prohibiting nearly all abortions. The lawsuit bears similarities to legal challenges to abortion bans in at least two other states.

“Plaintiffs’ religious beliefs have been infringed: they are Jewish and Jewish law (“halakha”) asked and answered the question of fetal personhood thousands of years ago and rabbis, commentators and Jewish legal scholars have repeatedly confirmed these answers in the intervening millenia," the Kentucky lawsuit reads. “While a fetus is deserving of some level of respect under halakha, the birth giver takes precedence. Jews have never believed that life begins at conception.”

Kentucky's Republican attorney general, Daniel Cameron, signaled he will fight the lawsuit, which names him as a defendant. Cameron has defended the state's abortions restrictions in various courts, touting his anti-abortion stance in his campaign for governor. The gubernatorial election will be in 2023.

“The General Assembly has made it clear that Kentucky will protect unborn life and these laws are an important part of the commonwealth,” Cameron said Thursday in a statement.

It's the latest attempt to strike down Kentucky's far-reaching abortion prohibitions, but the newest suit offers another legal twist by basing the challenge on religious grounds.

Kentucky's Supreme Court has set a November hearing in another case challenging the abortion restrictions. The high court allowed the near-total ban to remain in place while it reviews that case.

Also, abortion will be on the ballot next month when Kentuckians decide the fate of a proposed constitutional amendment that would eliminate the right to abortion in the state.

The lawsuit filed Thursday in Jefferson County Circuit Court in Louisville delves into theology and medical science. The question of when human life begins, it reads, “is a religious and philosophical question without universal beliefs across different religions.”

“Judaism has never defined life beginning at conception,” the suit said, adding that “millenia of commentary from Jewish scholars has reaffirmed Judaism’s commitment to reproductive rights.”

“Under Jewish law, a fetus does not become a human being or child until birth,” it said.

The abortion ban also violates Kentucky's Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the women said in their lawsuit. That law states that government “shall not substantially burden a person’s freedom of religion” unless it proves a compelling interest and uses ”the least restrictive means" to do so, it noted.

The suit also claims that Kentucky's abortion law infringes on constitutional religious rights in regard to use of in vitro fertilization. Two plaintiffs have a child conceived through IVF, the suit said.

The IVF process often results in surplus embryos that must either be kept frozen at high costs or discarded by the clinics with the consent of the donors, the lawsuit reads.

“Plaintiff’s religious beliefs demand that they have more children through IVF, yet the law forces plaintiffs to spend exorbitant fees to keep their embryos frozen indefinitely or face potential felony charges” under the state’s fetal homicide law, the suit said.

“This dilemma forces plaintiffs to abandon their sincere religious beliefs of having more children by limiting access to IVF and substantially burdens their right to freely exercise these sincerely held religious beliefs,” it added.

The Kentucky case echoes lawsuits that were filed in Florida and Indiana to block state abortion bans on the grounds that the measures violate religious freedom.

Kentucky’s legislature enacted a “trigger law” banning nearly all abortions that took effect after the U.S. Supreme Court Court in June stripped women’s constitutional protections for abortion. The only exception under the Kentucky law is when the health of the mother is threatened.

Lawmakers also passed a separate six-week ban. Those laws already are being challenged by the two remaining clinics in Kentucky that provide abortions, both in Louisville.

Herman Adler

Oct 7, 2022, 4:46:36 PM10/7/22
to Political Euwetopia
You did not quote a news item. You surmised your interpretation of a puported news item.  Unless and until you provide a link to an actual news item where lawmakers are discussing allowing perfectly  healthy newborns to die on a whim,  I will have to call BS!

```````````````````

I, too, am waiting for edwin to provide a link to that "actual news item" etc.

Edwin?

edwino

Oct 8, 2022, 7:54:10 AM10/8/22
to Political Euwetopia
Herman,
-------------------------

[...]

edwino

Oct 8, 2022, 8:53:34 AM10/8/22
to Political Euwetopia
Herman,

I wrote "I recall watching the US news recently and officials (I think it was in New York) were most definitely stating that the woman could choose abortion right up to the point of birth. They explained that if the baby was alive after whatever action was taken, they would just make the baby comfortable and leave it lying on a table until it died naturally. The mother would be made aware of the situation and would choose whether said living baby should live or die!"

I can't "provide a link to the actual news item".
I think the item I saw was on CNN but can't be certain.
The foregoing quotes all originate from the time concerned and, I think, clearly describe the nightmare concerned.

Herman Adler

Oct 8, 2022, 4:56:08 PM10/8/22
to Political Euwetopia
Then you have either misremembered your impression or you were watching Fucker Carlson or some other extreme right-wing disinformation propagandist.

Federal and/or law states that if an abortion somehow results in a live birth, every effort has to be made to ensure survival.

Were I you, I'd use more credible sources, even when watching television.