I've Never Shared This Because Thinking About It Gives Me PTSD

rivcuban

Jul 2, 2024, 6:20:03 PM (7 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
I used to live in the Latino Barrio of Lake Elsinore.  For the most part, the undocumented living there were good people.  One day, I was working in my garden and a car with 4 Latino males inside drove slowly down the alley.  Well, a few days later, one of my Puerto Rican friends told me that those same guys were planning to stab me and then rob me.  My friend told them not to do it.  As I've said before...I was burglarized twice by illegals.  I knew who they were because I came home and they were in my home.  I didn't call the police because I didn't want to be a 'rat'.  The second time my neighbors saw who did it and it was a former roommate (illegal).  They also didn't call the police and neither did I.  Then my Honda Civic was stolen and then found stripped several blocks away.  They were gangbangers so they were probably not illegal, but rather Americans.  After the knife incident, I told my parents that I need to get out of there ASAP.  They gave me some money and I rented an apartment in Riverside.  BTW...the owner of the house I rented in Elsinore warned me that the neighborhood was tough and to be careful.

ImStillMags Mags

Jul 2, 2024, 6:52:34 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
I now understand much better your issues with immigration.     I'm so sorry you had to experience this.

But don't let what happened to you make you hate all immigrants......

plainolamerican

Jul 2, 2024, 6:57:53 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
Agreed.
I've always liked meeting people from other countries, regardless of their legal status.
Some just don't want to help support other people. I do it every day.

rivcuban

Jul 2, 2024, 7:03:23 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
I don't hate immigrants.  In fact, I absolutely love the beauty of multiculturalism.  That said, my current thoughts on immigration has more to do with Biden not winning than the immigrants themselves.  Can you imagine the suffering these immigrants will face under Trump?

ImStillMags Mags

Jul 2, 2024, 7:06:09 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
that's good to hear because you've been coming across pretty angr;y

Lobo

Jul 2, 2024, 7:06:18 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
When I was 11 years old, I was repeatedly molested by a homosexual pedophile in his 30s, a "friend" of my stepfather's family. The experience has resulted in all manner of psychological problems all my life, including long-term clinical depression and (at least in part) opiate addiction problems.

Do you think that I should blame and hate all homosexuals because of him?

rivcuban

Jul 2, 2024, 7:06:24 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
Also, nearly all my friends throughout my life have been Chicano.  I love their culture and just how kind they are.  Anytime you visit them they will feed you or offer you a beer, etc.

plainolamerican

Jul 2, 2024, 7:15:19 PM (6 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
I absolutely love the beauty of multiculturalism.  That said, my current thoughts on immigration has more to do with Biden not winning than the immigrants themselves.  Can you imagine the suffering these immigrants will face under Trump?
---
I also want to acknowledge that you do have feelings for immigrants.
Yes, Trump might just might do something else really stupid.
That they claim to be xians and won't help those who need it the most says tons about about their beliefs.

Thomas Argo

Jul 2, 2024, 9:39:06 PM (4 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
It has to do with being an American. Do it right and become an American.
All y'all gave america away.

Lobo

Jul 2, 2024, 9:51:01 PM (3 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
No matter what their "identity" -- straight, gay, men, women, white, black, Anglo, Chicano, atheists, Christians, Muslims, whatever -- people come as individuals, one by one. Trying to make broad generalizations about them because of their group membership is foolish and pointless. The fact is that some people are good and some bad, but the vast majority are capable of being either, depending on the circumstances and how they're feeling at the time.

To think otherwise, to declare any identity group "good" or "bad", especially based on anecdotal experiences with any of them, is the very definition of bigotry.

plainolamerican

Jul 2, 2024, 10:22:08 PM (3 hours ago) Jul 2
to Political Euwetopia
It has to do with being an American. Do it right and become an American.
All y'all gave america away.
---
Hogwash.
There have been lots of immigrants who came to America that white xians didn't like. This is a continuation of that tradition.