Responsible Trade Policy

1 view

Tom Jigme Wheat

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48:29 PM12/3/18
to political conspiracy and the quest for democracy

The reason we can’t stimulate Domestic Manufacturing is because our economy is too dependent on the Service sector. Conspicuous consumption is a short term strategy. Long term growth requires self sufficiency and less debt.

Eisenhower had a Corporate income tax policy set @ 33%. Today Corporations pay a 15% tax. Why are we keeping the tax rates low on Corporations that continually Outsource, US jobs to China. We must tax these Corporations, overseas profits, to encourage domestic job creation.

Donald Trump won't raise additional tariffs on Chinese products after meeting w/ Xi Jinping @ the G20 Summit on Saturday. Tariffs are capped @ 10%, for 90 days, on $200 billion worth of PRC products. The short term benefit of a resurgent Dow does not address our $500 billion trade deficit.

Trump's assertion that China will drop its 40% tariff on US auto exports to that country, may indirectly encourage more closings of Car manufacturing plants, & jobs outsourced to the PRC. Every plant outsourced must be followed by a plant built here by either of the 3 automakers.