A Responsible Deterrence Policy

1 view

Tom Jigme Wheat

Dec 4, 2018, 12:58:29 AM12/4/18
to political conspiracy and the quest for democracy

The Obama era New START treaty needs to be revised. Both Trump & Putin Administrations seek to deploy Tactical Nuclear weapons. I believe this policy extended large scale will only encourage tactical nuke proliferation by China, North Korea, & Pakistan.

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2018/11/30/us-lawmakers-tangle-over-nuclear-arsenal-russia-treaties/

Any increase in Tactical Nuclear weapons development should correspond w/ a decrease in our conventional nuclear forces arsenal. If both the US & Russia are serious about Arms control they should set an example by reducing stockpiles in conjunction with modernization initiatives.

Face the facts. The GOP is the majority faction of the DOD that seeks to manufacture tactical nuclear weapons. We can let the New START treaty expire and the GOP wins fait accompli, or we can accomplish nuclear missile reduction, and bring us a step towards ending the threat of mutual annihilation. There is no need for the Minuteman III 100 megaton bomb. A Tactical nuke in the low kiloton range should be more than sufficient to take out a hardened nuclear silo.

To preserve Obama’s arms control legacy, requires compromise.