Speakers Confirmed for Princeton Workshop

Joseph Lorenzo Hall

Dec 15, 2009, 5:29:56 PM12/15/09
to openhouseproject, open-government, poliparse
(Please feel free to forward)

We've recently confirmed speakers to the upcoming open government
workshop at Princeton. We hope there's a little bit of something here
for everyone with interests in government transparency. best, Joe

----

# Open Government: Defining, Designing, and Sustaining Transparency

A workshop at Princeton University
Sponsored by the Center for Information Technology Policy

January 21--22, 2010
http://citp.princeton.edu/open-government-workshop/

This workshop will bring together academics, government, advocates and
tinkerers to examine a few critical issues in open and transparent
government. How can we better conceptualize openness and transparency
for government? Are there specific design and architectural needs and
requirements placed upon systems by openness and transparency? How
can openness and transparency best be sustained? How should we change
the provision and access of primary legal materials? Finally, how do
we best coordinate the supply of open government projects with the
demand from tinkerers?

Anil Dash (Director, Expert Labs) will deliver the keynote.

Confirmed speakers include:
Jerry Brito, Tom Bruce, Brian Carver, Anil Dash, Ed Felten, Joseph
Lorenzo Hall, Ginny Hunt, John Joergensen, Clay Johnson, Eric Kansa,
Carl Malamud, Patrice McDermott, Helen Nissenbaum, Roger Schonfeld,
Stephen Schultze, Adam Sedgewick, Lewis Shepherd, J.H. Snider, Josh
Tauberer, Mike Wash, John Wonderlich

Schedule:
http://citp.princeton.edu/open-government-workshop/#schedule

*This workshop is free and open to the public.*
Please RSVP to ci...@princeton.edu for a name tag and lunch.

Location:
Princeton University
Friend Center Convocation Room

Directions, Parking, Lodging:
http://citp.princeton.edu/open-government-workshop/#directions

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate

Everton Zanella Alvarenga

Jan 9, 2010, 11:09:20 AM1/9/10
to poli...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Joseph.

Will this workshop have an online streaming of the presentations? Or
are they going to be recorded in some way?

I and some friend from Brazil would love to follow it.

Thanks,

Tom

--
http://blogdotom.wordpress.com/sobre