today's appalling Supreme Court ruling

Public Citizen

Jul 1, 2024, 2:58:21 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to policyp...@gmail.com
Today’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Donald Trump’s immunity case is appalling and outrageous.

By immunizing a president from accountability for criminal acts — even acts in support of insurrection — the court’s decision endangers our democracy.

As bad as it is, the decision does not resolve the case. The judge in the case must now review the court’s ruling. If it can proceed, the DOJ’s case concerning Trump’s actions related to his attempted coup should now move to trial as swiftly as possible.

The American people deserve a verdict — guilty or innocent — before we vote in what may be the most consequential election in our nation’s history.

But make no mistake:

If we don’t get a verdict in this case before Election Day, and if Trump is re-elected, Trump will have gotten what he desperately wanted from the court — a lack of accountability for the part he played in the January 6 insurrection.

We need to be stronger than ever if Donald Trump becomes president again.

So I’m asking:

Please donate today to help Public Citizen continue fighting Trumpism.

CONTRIBUTE NOW

Or sign up as a Monthly Donor today and your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar each month for a full year!

If donating today is not a good fit, that’s okay. Either way, thank you for being part of this shared project called Public Citizen.

For democracy, justice, and progress,

- Robert Weissman, President of Public Citizen

Public Citizen | 1600 20th Street NW | Washington DC 20009 | Unsubscribe
supporter