Issue Reporting

Carl Miller

Sep 20, 2019, 10:44:10 PM9/20/19
to Polarbar mailer
WW asked (in an issue) why issues (Help/Support dialog) are going to the backend Jira system and not also to this forum.

There's a good reason - tracking all the discussion for a particular issue/feature/etc. in emails is, in my opinion, a nightmare. By making use of a real issue tracking system, information is consolidated, can be tracked easily, etc.

I'll be quite honest here - long ago, this became a real discouraging task in managing fixes to the code. Just trying to figure out through a dozen or more emails spread across time in various threads was more "work" than anything.

So please leverage the issue reporting since it provides support for both creating and commenting on existing issues.

Also, the email address used to send the issue isn't that important, it's just a comment in the tracking system, unless you have an email address in the tracking system and then it'll use your actual account name in the issue.

Carl

WildWilly

Sep 21, 2019, 12:04:08 AM9/21/19
to Polarbar mailer
I must apologize for certain duplicates that apparently I created in Jira.  It appears that the issue I created that mentioned the multiple copies in the SENT folder actually reflected the fact that I ended up creating duplicates.  But I don't think it was my fault.  When I looked in OUTBOX, there was only ever one of any given issue I had created.  So something went haywire & duplicated certain of my problem reports during the Send Mail process.  I hope you can track that down because it is definitely not my intent to create such duplicates.  The fact that you're doing this work is greatly appreciated & I sure don't want to be adding to it with noise.

Carl Miller

Sep 21, 2019, 12:42:22 AM9/21/19
to Polarbar mailer
Not a problem, I removed the duplicates...

Carl