Boylepoker.com Poker for the Homeless March Madness raises 10,000

Eric

Apr 7, 2009, 1:39:22 AM4/7/09
to Poker daily news
Irish Open stars, TV personalities and a former Miss World pitch in
for Europe 's largest charity poker fundraiser

Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) April 3, 2009 -- The Boylepoker.com Poker
for the Homeless March Madness festival raised Irish homeless
charities in the last three years.

Former Miss World Rosanna Davison , broadcaster and journalist Eamon
Dunphy, and snooker legend Ken Doherty launched the festival on Friday
March 27. The first event, a

Noel Magner won the Boylepoker.com Be Our Sponsored Pro event on
Saturday evening to take home a $20,000 live poker event sponsorship
package, while Team Boylepoker, comprising organisers Paul Spillane,
Lisa Condon, and Ciaran Corbett as well as Multiplier Challenge man
Peter Murphy , won Sunday's sold out team event.

Padraig Parkinson , ambassador for Poker for the Homeless, said,
"It's fantastic to see such great support for this weekend as it
continues to grow and we'd like to thank everyone who played and
helped organise the weekend including the Jackpot Club without whose
help none of it could have happened. Special thanks to the well-known
faces who helped launch the event and well done to Team Boylepoker who
not only got lucky sponsoring the festival but also winning the final
event!"