Error installing

Aliabbas Petiwala

Aug 11, 2013, 3:31:58 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
I installed poioapi using windows .exe setup , but I am getting the following error:

import poioapi.annotationgraph
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\poioapi\annotationgraph.py", line 20, in <module>
    import poioapi.io.elan
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\poioapi\io\elan.py", line 26, in <module>
    import poioapi.io.graf
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\poioapi\io\graf.py", line 25, in <module>
    import graf
ImportError: No module named graf

So now when I install GRAF i get another error,  even the -U upgrade option gives similar error:

C:\Users\ALI\Downloads\graf-python-master\graf-python-master>python setup.py ins
tall
9.tar.gz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 18, in <module>
    distribute_setup.use_setuptools()
  File "C:\Users\ALI\Downloads\graf-python-master\graf-python-master\distribute_
setup.py", line 179, in use_setuptools
    download_delay)
  File "C:\Users\ALI\Downloads\graf-python-master\graf-python-master\distribute_
setup.py", line 131, in _do_download
    to_dir, download_delay)
  File "C:\Users\ALI\Downloads\graf-python-master\graf-python-master\distribute_
setup.py", line 211, in download_setuptools
    src = urlopen(url)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 400, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 513, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 432, in error
    result = self._call_chain(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 619, in http_error_302
    return self.parent.open(new, timeout=req.timeout)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 394, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 412, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1207, in https_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1174, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:503: error:140770FC:SSL routin
es:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol>

pbouda

Aug 11, 2013, 8:32:28 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hm, this seems to be an SSL problem, I am not sure what the basic problem is... I read in several forums that problems like this only happen from time to time, so did you try to run the setu several times?

Another thing that might help is installing an older pip version:

http://pauljaworski.com/Python/2013/04/19/problems-with-pip/

Best,
Peter

Aliabbas Petiwala

Aug 11, 2013, 8:58:24 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
But the problem is in the import statement : import graf in a file whose name is graf.py, I checked graf is installed correctly so installing a separate GRAF package may not even be required.

--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups ein Thema der Gruppe "poio-discuss" abonniert haben.

Aliabbas Petiwala|
Phd Scholar|Interdisciplinary Program in Education Technology
|IIT

pbouda

Aug 11, 2013, 9:05:45 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
But from your error message it seems like graf is not installed, because of SSL problems. That is why the "import graf" does not work in Poio API. How did you check if graf is installed correctly?

Best,
Peter

Aliabbas Petiwala

Aug 11, 2013, 9:23:20 AM8/11/13
to poio-discuss
I thought the graf.py itself is sufficient , do I  require to install GRAF? if yes , is there a way to manually install it like copy paste the files in sitepackage as I am unable to install it, getting the same error all the time, also it would be great to have a windows bundle .exe as you have with poio api this would avoid such problems.

Anyways for a quickfix do explain how I can manually install this from the GRAF package.

pbouda

Aug 11, 2013, 9:30:32 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I don't know of any good way to manually install packages, but I just created an exe installer for graf-python. It's here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cidles/downloads/graf-python/graf-python-0.3.0.win32.exe

Hope that helps!

Peter

Aliabbas Petiwala

Aug 11, 2013, 9:45:37 AM8/11/13
to poio-d...@googlegroups.com
I had manually copied src\graf folder to site-pack.. and it worked, I installed the exe now. Thanks .

--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups ein Thema der Gruppe "poio-discuss" abonniert haben.