2nd Annual Community Poetry Slam at UNL

Sherita Roundtree

Mar 11, 2014, 12:08:33 AM3/11/14
to poetr...@googlegroups.com
To the Poetry Menu,

On March 14th at 7 pm I, as a member of the UNL Writing Center, in partnership with the Jackie Gaughan Muticultural Center and OASIS, have organized a community poetry slam as the capstone event to UNL's week long diversity celebration. This event will be held in the Union of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's city campus.

The focus of this poetry slam is to champion the pluralities and intersectionalities in our community by inviting local high schoolers; UNL staff, faculty, and students; and community members to participate and attend. We have a Facebook event created at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/events/491281194327069/ and registration at this link: go.unl.edu/poetryslam. Additionally, I will attach a copy of our poster to this email.

I hope that you will consider adding this event to your website. Please feel free to invite your members to attend and/or participate. Although the flyer asks for participants to register by March 10th, I am willing to take registrations until March 13 at noon. Thank you in advance for your support.

Best,

Sherita V. Roundtree

--
Sherita V. Roundtree