A Poem For Today - So hard to reunite, so hard to part

kdick...@aol.com

Jun 14, 2024, 11:13:00 AMJun 14
to KEN DICKINSON' via A. Poem For Today
So hard to reunite, so hard to part
as the east wind slackens and the flowers all wither.
A spring silkworm spits silk till the moment it dies.
A candle weeps till it's a charred nub.
In the morning mirror I worry my hair is changing color;
at night when chanting poems I feel cold moonlight.
It is not far from here to the Island of Fairies.
Bluebird please help me find my way.

Li Shangyn
813-858

David Glick

Jun 14, 2024, 11:25:45 AMJun 14
to po...@googlegroups.com
Wonderfull wonderful wonderful. I am moved by the lines about the silkworm and the candle.

Thanks, Ken.