Metapoem : A poet's vow

1 view

Felipe Leal Valentim

Feb 28, 2021, 2:15:52 AM2/28/21
to Poems

A poet's vow

This poet is an I around an expression of consciousness

It is conditioned to a given meditative experience to share

together with all the co-arising elements it’s able to beware

The self of the poet is empty, it is not me

I am an ordinary guy, I’ll keep myself free

But if I am blessed to have learnt such a fine craft

I will used it to benefit me and others — like a raft

The poetry is to deliver understanding and suffering to relief

then it is not a tool to display any likes, pride, such or belief

The poem is thus truthful, clear and unvain

so conveying one message once and again

A text that is born simple, in analysis is to be refined

when sophistication arises, may it be wise and kind

I vow not to seek the poet while searching the truth

to make sure gain, fame or praise will never seduce

38ca9f4c53ec121ed201e96a6cfbfaf8.jpg