howto Connect() to a LAN IP?

jake

May 3, 2009, 5:34:39 PM5/3/09
to PodSixNet
I wanted to test your whiteboard on the LAN, so I modified line 8:

# self.Connect(('localhost', 31425))
self.Connect(('192.168.1.104', 31425))

But now it never connects. How do I use this?

thanks.

Chris McCormick

May 4, 2009, 6:31:25 AM5/4/09
to pods...@googlegroups.com

Hey Jake,

By default the whiteboard server binds to the address 127.0.0.1, which is a bit
more secure, so you want to change the code of WhiteboardServer.py to make it
bind to 192.168.1.104, or you might have success with 0.0.0.0 which will leave
the server open on all IP addresses available. You can do this by changing
WhiteboardServer.py to launch the server like this:

s = WhiteboardServer(localaddr=("0.0.0.0", 31425))
s.Launch()

Best,

Chris.

http://mccormick.cx