Doc

Kar

Nov 28, 2011, 12:00:41 PM11/28/11
to PodSixNet
I was wondering if there is any documentation or tutorial for
PodSixNet beside the one in http://mccormick.cx/projects/PodSixNet/

I was looking for a simple library that could handle networking for
games in a simple way.

This looks sweet.

Chris McCormick

Nov 28, 2011, 10:55:21 PM11/28/11
to pods...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Those are the only docs. Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/

Kar

Nov 29, 2011, 5:13:05 AM11/29/11
to PodSixNet
I was trying to make a simple server and client, just like the one in
the http://mccormick.cx/projects/PodSixNet/

I get the server to start correctly, but the client always fails to
lauch, giving me this error:

File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

This error occurs in connection.Connect() on the client side. Got any
idea of what am I missing?

Thanks.

On 29 nov, 04:55, Chris McCormick <ch...@mccormick.cx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Those are the only docs. Let me know if I can help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris.
>
> On 11/29/2011 01:00 AM, Kar wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there is any documentation or tutorial for

> > PodSixNet beside the one inhttp://mccormick.cx/projects/PodSixNet/

Chris McCormick

Dec 12, 2011, 8:49:19 PM12/12/11
to pods...@googlegroups.com, Kar
Hi Kar,

Sorry for the slow reply.

This annoying error is due to the way the underlying asyncore code
works. It's a pretty bad design that hides the real error from you.

If you send me a link to your code I can take a look at debugging it.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/

Message has been deleted

Goncalo Morgado

Sep 22, 2012, 8:37:44 PM9/22/12
to pods...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

Erm.. this is the second time I'm posting, I don't know if they have to be accepted by some admin, so I tried to paste it again:
I'd like to say that I'm experiencing the exact same problem as Kar:
File "C:\Python27\lib\asyncore.py", line 412, in __getattr__
   retattr = getattr(self.socket, attr)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

My client code can be found here: http://codepad.org/B8O2Kh5B
Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Gonçalo

Magnie Mozios

May 31, 2014, 6:10:12 PM5/31/14
to pods...@googlegroups.com, karm...@gmail.com
This alone triggers the error:

from PodSixNet.Connection import connection
connection.Start()

The work around I've used is use one of your ConnectionListener classes and have it call self.Connect(), but I've had some later problems because Pump() only sends and receives when connection.Pump() is called, not ConnectionListener.Pump(). I don't know if that's related to the workaround or not, but weird things are happening. :/