[podcasters] Help, broken iTunes feed!

Rick

Mar 22, 2008, 2:09:28 PM3/22/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Can anyone tell me why my latest show is not showing up in iTunes? The
feed works fine in other podcatchers. I just switched to new software,
FeedForAll, which seems pretty slick and has a validator that I used to
clean up some issues, but still not showing up in iTunes. My latest
show is #24 and should list as: 24 The Time Traveler Show - Frank
Herbert's Missing Link.

My feed is <www.timetravelershow.com/shows/feed.xml>. If anyone can
tell me what wrong it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks, Rick
AKA The Time Traveler

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Best of Y! Groups

Check out the best

of what Yahoo!

Groups has to offer.

.

__,_._,___

Brains Matter

Mar 22, 2008, 6:22:06 PM3/22/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Sometimes it takes a while to show up in iTunes - the irony is that
generally, if you've subscribed to the feed via iTunes, you actually
get the show delivered - it just doesn't show up in the iTMS. I've
had this happen several times with several shows in iTunes. No idea
why!

OG

--
Brains Matter Podcast
Melbourne, Australia

On 23/03/2008, at 5:09 AM, Rick wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why my latest show is not showing up in iTunes? The
> feed works fine in other podcatchers. I just switched to new software,
> FeedForAll, which seems pretty slick and has a validator that I used
> clean up some issues, but still not showing up in iTunes. My latest
> show is #24 and should list as: 24 The Time Traveler Show - Frank
> Herbert's Missing Link.
>
> My feed is <www.timetravelershow.com/shows/feed.xml>. If anyone can
> tell me what wrong it would be extremely helpful.
>
> Thanks, Rick
> AKA The Time Traveler

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Wellness Spot

on Yahoo! Groups

A resource for living

the Curves lifestyle.

.

__,_._,___

Stephen Eley

Mar 23, 2008, 4:55:43 AM3/23/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Rick <ricjac4224@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why my latest show is not showing up in iTunes? The
> feed works fine in other podcatchers. I just switched to new software,
> FeedForAll, which seems pretty slick and has a validator that I used to
> clean up some issues, but still not showing up in iTunes. My latest
> show is #24 and should list as: 24 The Time Traveler Show - Frank
> Herbert's Missing Link.

Your feed is working fine. I'm subscribed to your show and I received
your episode as normal. Actually, I appeared to receive it twice, on
March 19 and then March 22. Did you post it, take it down, then post
it again? Or is this some sort of time travel temporal distortion?
...In any case, nothing seems broken with the episode itself.

If you're stressing out because the iTunes *directory* didn't update
its listings right away with your new episode -- don't. That's
different from subscriptions. The directory updates its listings on
some arcane schedule involving the orbit of Pluto and sacrifices of
goats. Sometimes it takes a day or two to display new episodes or
changes to feed details. Sometimes a week. You can't do anything to
make it happen faster. In the meantime, subscribers to your show are
getting your latest episode just as they should.

--
Have Fun,
Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail.com)

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Women of Curves

on Yahoo! Groups

A positive group

to discuss Curves.

.

__,_._,___

Rick

Mar 23, 2008, 10:08:53 AM3/23/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Yeah! I see it now. It's frustrating when you put a new show up and
you want to tell the world you put a new show up and there's no new
show showing up. I think is was most definitely a temporal tempus
transchronological durational influx wrinkle distortion, to be
technical about it.

Thanks for taking a look.

Rick
AKA The Time Traveler

--- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

> Your feed is working fine. I'm subscribed to your show and I
received
> your episode as normal. Actually, I appeared to receive it twice,
on
> March 19 and then March 22. Did you post it, take it down, then
post
> it again? Or is this some sort of time travel temporal distortion?
> ...In any case, nothing seems broken with the episode itself.
>
> If you're stressing out because the iTunes *directory* didn't update
> its listings right away with your new episode -- don't. That's
> different from subscriptions. The directory updates its listings on
> some arcane schedule involving the orbit of Pluto and sacrifices of
> goats. Sometimes it takes a day or two to display new episodes or
> changes to feed details. Sometimes a week. You can't do anything
> make it happen faster. In the meantime, subscribers to your show
are
> getting your latest episode just as they should.
>

> --
> Have Fun,

> Steve Eley (sfeley@...)

> http://www.escapepod.org

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Groups

Women of Curves

Discuss food, fitness

and weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

Stephen Eley

Mar 23, 2008, 11:59:58 AM3/23/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Rick <ricjac4224@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Yeah! I see it now. It's frustrating when you put a new show up and
> you want to tell the world you put a new show up and there's no new
> show showing up. I think is was most definitely a temporal tempus
> transchronological durational influx wrinkle distortion, to be
> technical about it.

Your fans, the people who are most likely to hear you when you tell
the world about it, aren't monitoring that directory listing for
changes to your show anyway. They're either subscribed to your feed
or they're checking your Web site. The impact is fairly minor.

--
Have Fun,
Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail.com)

http://www.escapepod.org

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Change your life

with Yahoo! Groups

balance nutrition,

activity & well-being.

.

__,_._,___

Rick

Mar 24, 2008, 10:55:21 AM3/24/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

> Your fans, the people who are most likely to hear you when you tell
> the world about it, aren't monitoring that directory listing for
> changes to your show anyway. They're either subscribed to your feed
> or they're checking your Web site. The impact is fairly minor.
>

> --
> Have Fun,

> Steve Eley (sfeley@...)

> http://www.escapepod.org

I'm sure your right. But with some past issues I had with iTunes in
conjunction with bad RSS software, I'm a little paranoid.

Rick

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ