[podcasters] Podcast Pickle Top 100

1 view

David Smith

Mar 17, 2008, 8:39:12 PM3/17/08
to Podca...@yahoogroups.com

Okay, as it turns out, Grizzly's Growls is 54th in the Podcast Pickle Top
100 for Audio Podcasts. This is Good. Considering what it is, it might
be better than Good.

Does this count as Very Good, Excellent or even Great? It's nice, I'm
pleased, but I'm not sure if I should also be overjoyed, thrilled or
extatic.

Not a clue.

Maybe everybody has their 15 minutes in the top 100?

--
Grizzly's Growls
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Mechanic Group

What to do after

you pop the hood.

.

__,_._,___

Tim Street

Mar 17, 2008, 7:41:09 PM3/17/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Congrats.

That's pretty cool.

I subscribed.

Nice to see you are sporting your Podtrac Survey on your website.

Tim Street
Creator/Executive Producer
French Maid TV
Subscribe for FREE @
http://frenchmaidtv.com/itunes
My Demo Reels &Blog
http://1timstreet.com

On Mar 17, 2008, at 5:39 PM, David Smith wrote:

> Okay, as it turns out, Grizzly's Growls is 54th in the Podcast
> Pickle Top
> 100 for Audio Podcasts. This is Good. Considering what it is, it might
> be better than Good.
>
> Does this count as Very Good, Excellent or even Great? It's nice, I'm
> pleased, but I'm not sure if I should also be overjoyed, thrilled or
> extatic.
>
> Not a clue.
>
> Maybe everybody has their 15 minutes in the top 100?
>
> --
> Grizzly's Growls
> The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
> Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
> Blog: <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Groups related to podcasters
c6x
(Computers & Internet/Communications and Networking)
The goal of this egroup is to facilitate the excha...
c54x
(Computers & Internet/Communications and Networking)
The goal of this discussion group is to facilitate...
Information_System
s_Forum
(Computers & Internet/Communications and Networking)
If you are interested in how nonprofit organizatio...
code-comp
(Computers & Internet/Communications and Networking)
The goal of this group is to facilitate the exchan...
SyncML
(Computers & Internet/Communications and Networking)
SyncML Protocol Development Discussions
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

.

__,_._,___

David Smith

Mar 17, 2008, 9:36:14 PM3/17/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

It was 17 Mar 2008, when Tim Street commented:

> Congrats.
>
> That's pretty cool.

Actually, "pretty cool" wasn't on the list, so you're automatically
disqualified. Sorry, it's the rules. ;-)

I was trying to figure out if it was a Big Deal, because it might be nice
to put a Blurb up on the website to indicate my vast, world-shaking
celebrity. I notice I'm also # 2 on the Pickle's "Society & Culture"
subcategory list. For whatever that's worth, and I have no idea what.
Might be I go down to 387 next week.

> I subscribed.

Thanks! Probably just as well I don't know what I'm doing, I'd probably
do too much of it, or obsess about it, say by starting a thread in
Podcasters, for example.

> Nice to see you are sporting your Podtrac Survey on your website.

Yeah, it's been on there a while. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I
dunno, I just wanted the Player.

--
Grizzly's Growls
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

All-Bran

Day 10 Club

on Yahoo! Groups

Feel better with fiber.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

.

__,_._,___

George L Smyth

Mar 18, 2008, 1:55:33 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Well, my One Minute How-To is #45 so it's probably simply our turn at 15
minutes. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't count it as very good,
excellent, or even great. <g>

Cheers -

george

--- David Smith <dbsmith@atbbs.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Okay, as it turns out, Grizzly's Growls is 54th in the Podcast Pickle Top
> 100 for Audio Podcasts. This is Good. Considering what it is, it might
> be better than Good.
>
> Does this count as Very Good, Excellent or even Great? It's nice, I'm
> pleased, but I'm not sure if I should also be overjoyed, thrilled or
> extatic.
>
> Not a clue.
>
> Maybe everybody has their 15 minutes in the top 100?
>
> --
> Grizzly's Growls
> The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
> Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
> Blog: <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>

-------------------------------------

Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com

Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com - Blog: GLSmyth.Wordpress.com

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

.

__,_._,___

Flyswatter

Mar 18, 2008, 2:27:33 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

My show was #1 for a day on Podcast Alley once, because some of my listeners
hacked the system and this caused me much personal distress and
embarrassment. It had never even been voted for before that! I almost
dropped out of podcasting over that, as I recall. (I'm a very uncompetitive
person.)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM, George L Smyth <glsmyth@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, my One Minute How-To is #45 so it's probably simply our turn at 15
> minutes. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't count it as very
> good,
> excellent, or even great. <g>
>
> Cheers -
>
> george
>

> --- David Smith <dbsmith@atbbs.dyndns.org <dbsmith%40atbbs.dyndns.org>>

> wrote:
>
> > Okay, as it turns out, Grizzly's Growls is 54th in the Podcast Pickle
> Top
> > 100 for Audio Podcasts. This is Good. Considering what it is, it might
> > be better than Good.
> >
> > Does this count as Very Good, Excellent or even Great? It's nice, I'm
> > pleased, but I'm not sure if I should also be overjoyed, thrilled or
> > extatic.
> >
> > Not a clue.
> >
> > Maybe everybody has their 15 minutes in the top 100?
> >
> > --
> > Grizzly's Growls
> > The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
> > Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
> > Blog: <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
> One Minute How-To: http://OneMinuteHowTo.com
> DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
>
> Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com - Blog:
> GLSmyth.Wordpress.com
>
> _

Laura Ross

The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
http://coffeeandteashow.com
NEW Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
Skype: coffeeandteashow
coffeeandteashow@gmail.com

Rocky Horror Pod Show
http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
NEW Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
rockypod@aim.com
Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Best of Y! Groups

Check it out

and nominate your

group to be featured.

Change your life

with Yahoo! Groups

balance nutrition,

activity & well-being.

.

__,_._,___

Brains Matter

Mar 18, 2008, 3:52:01 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Laura,

You must have very eager listeners (-: Now if there was a top
million....

OG
--
Brains Matter Podcast
Melbourne, Australia

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Instant smiles

Share photos while

you IM friends.

Popular Y! Groups

Is your group one?

Check it out and

see.

.

__,_._,___

David Smith

Mar 18, 2008, 7:23:04 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Still gainin' on ya, though. ;-)

I forgot to put in the Disclaimers. I dunno how often the Pickle folks
eliminate old podfaded casts, so I/we might be ahead of a whole lot of
shows that don't exist anymore.

Then, too, if most shows only have a few listeners on there, a couple
hundred of us might be tied for 15th, for example, with the same number of
listeners, and then listed in random order. Or alphabetical, I didn't
check for that.

Heck, I got a date out of it, apparently, so I think that counts as great!
Chicks dig exhuberance. Or however you spell that.

It was 18 Mar 2008, when George L Smyth commented:

> Well, my One Minute How-To is #45 so it's probably simply our turn at 15
> minutes. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't count it as very
> good, excellent, or even great. <g>
>
> Cheers -
>
> george
>

> --- David Smith <dbsmith@atbbs.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > Okay, as it turns out, Grizzly's Growls is 54th in the Podcast Pickle Top
> > 100 for Audio Podcasts. This is Good. Considering what it is, it might
> > be better than Good.
> >
> > Does this count as Very Good, Excellent or even Great? It's nice, I'm
> > pleased, but I'm not sure if I should also be overjoyed, thrilled or
> > extatic.
> >
> > Not a clue.
> >
> > Maybe everybody has their 15 minutes in the top 100?
--
Grizzly's Growls
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Instant hello

Chat over IM with

group members.

John McEnroe

on Yahoo! Groups

Join him for the

10 Day Challenge.

.

__,_._,___

David Smith

Mar 18, 2008, 7:27:25 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

It's a voting thing? Didn't know that. And I didn't know it was possible
to hack the system. Though, with voting, I could see gaming the system
being possible.

I have been doing some fairly active on-line promoting lately, so that may
have helped the subscriber count, though I can't see how that would help
voting. I don't even know how one votes on there, myself.

And maybe it's just due to quality content and native brilliance? ;-)

It was 18 Mar 2008, when Flyswatter commented:

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

.

__,_._,___

writerpatrick

Mar 18, 2008, 6:23:11 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

--- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "David Smith" <dbsmith@...> wrote:

> Still gainin' on ya, though. ;-)

Podcast Pickle suffered a crash recently which screwed up the top 100,
so I wouldn't concern myself too much with it. And I don't know how
many bother to check it when searching for podcasts so it might mean
nothing.

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Curves on Yahoo!

A group for women

to share & discuss

food & weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

David Smith

Mar 18, 2008, 8:46:26 PM3/18/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Aww, yer no fun atall.

It was 18 Mar 2008, when writerpatrick commented:

> --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "David Smith" <dbsmith@...> wrote:
> >
> > Still gainin' on ya, though. ;-)
> >

> Podcast Pickle suffered a crash recently which screwed up the top 100, so I
> wouldn't concern myself too much with it. And I don't know how many bother
> to check it when searching for podcasts so it might mean nothing.

--
Grizzly's Growls
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Instant smiles

Share photos while

you IM friends.

Yahoo! Groups

Balance your life

by learning how to

make smart choices.

.

__,_._,___

Dani

Mar 19, 2008, 3:44:56 PM3/19/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Well I think it's good for the simple fact that when people hit the
pickle site and go to the top 100, those shows are at least the first
seen. In that respect there is a better chance of being clicked on
than if someone is just randomly searching the site.

But as far as the importance? Well, I'm #12, and I know I don't have
NEARLY the popularity (or the listeners for that matter) that Escape
Pod has (it's #33).

As previously stated, it's just based on too many factors to take the
standings to heart. However, it's always fair game for bragging
purposes! ;-)

~Dani
http://www.truthseekerscast.com

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Y! Messenger

Quick file sharing

Send up to 1GB of

files in an IM.

.

__,_._,___

Todd Cochrane

Mar 19, 2008, 4:13:01 PM3/19/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

The philosophy we took at Blubrry.com is that Top 100 list are
subjective and we treat each podcaster as a Top 100, aka they publish a
new show and they get a front page time on the site. If a listener
thinks a episode is great they can vote a episode up to get a episode
recognized so far that has worked pretty good, so that each podcaster
gets a equal shake at exposure. Typically Top 100 list are the same ohh
same ohh month after month. For me at least that does nothing to help me
find new content that is equally as great or better..

Todd..

Dani wrote:

> Well I think it's good for the simple fact that when people hit the
> pickle site and go to the top 100, those shows are at least the first
> seen. In that respect there is a better chance of being clicked on
> than if someone is just randomly searching the site.
>
> But as far as the importance? Well, I'm #12, and I know I don't have
> NEARLY the popularity (or the listeners for that matter) that Escape
> Pod has (it's #33).
>
> As previously stated, it's just based on too many factors to take the
> standings to heart. However, it's always fair game for bragging
> purposes! ;-)
>
> ~Dani

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ