[podcasters] Help with Adobe Audition 2.0

matthew_6_34

Mar 27, 2008, 11:51:01 PM3/27/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Guys I'm getting a 1/2sec delay in my headphones when trying to record
a show with Adobe Audition 2.0. I'm using a Toshiba laptop w/ Xp sp2,
1.6ghz, and 3gb ram. I have also tried it on another pc and the
samething is happening. I'm not sure if it a setting or just the way
this program works. It's very hard to concentrate with a delay in my
ears.

Please help me remove the delay. Thanks in advance.......

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Wellness Spot

A resource for Curves

and weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

John McJunkin

Mar 28, 2008, 12:07:10 AM3/28/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Most likely, I would bet that it's a latency issue. The audio has to
get from your mouth, through the mic, the interface, the computer,
and back out through the interface to your headphones. It takes a
little bit of time even if you're not doing any processing. If you
are processing it, it will take even longer. There's a decent chance
that your interface has a convention for "zero-latency" monitoring,
in which case, you literally hear the analog signal before it goes
into the computer. You might check that. That's my guess.

Good Luck!

John F. McJunkin
Avalon Podcasting, LLC
877-MY-PODCAST
(877-697-6322)
480-219-8800 (in AZ)
866-401-2354 FAX
john@avalonpodcasting.com
http://www.avalonpodcasting.com

On Mar 27, 2008, at 8:51 PM, matthew_6_34 wrote:

> Guys I'm getting a 1/2sec delay in my headphones when trying to record
> a show with Adobe Audition 2.0. I'm using a Toshiba laptop w/ Xp sp2,
> 1.6ghz, and 3gb ram. I have also tried it on another pc and the
> samething is happening. I'm not sure if it a setting or just the way
> this program works. It's very hard to concentrate with a delay in my
> ears.
>
> Please help me remove the delay. Thanks in advance.......

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/