[podcasters] PART-TIME JOB OPENING FOR IMAGING ASSISTANT

john wilson

Mar 24, 2008, 10:35:43 PM3/24/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Job Description: You will get mp3s of dry voices to image in various
formats for internet radio stations. They will be Sweepers, Bumpers
and Promos. Turn around needed in 2-5 days. Pays about $4 per sweeper
and we tell you how much each project pays upfront. Just 2-4 projects
per month to start. Feel free to ask any questions

Job Requirements: Imaging experience is required in CHR, Rock,
Alternative, Country, Trance and/or Punk. Access to your own studio &
stuff.

Send Imaging Demo in mp3 (under 5MB) to:
Earcandy@charter.net or Earcandy13@hotmail.com

Thanks
John Wilson
Studio Manager
Earcandy Audio Production
www.earcandyaudioproduction.com
earcandy13@hotmail.com

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Files to share?

Send up to 1GB of

files in an IM.

Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.

There is something

for everyone.

.

__,_._,___

john wilson

Mar 24, 2008, 11:01:39 PM3/24/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Well.. the e-mail address is posted at the web page or one can send a
link.

--- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "john wilson" <johnwilson25@...> wrote:

> Job Description: You will get mp3s of dry voices to image in various
> formats for internet radio stations. They will be Sweepers, Bumpers
> and Promos. Turn around needed in 2-5 days. Pays about $4 per sweeper
> and we tell you how much each project pays upfront. Just 2-4 projects
> per month to start. Feel free to ask any questions
>
> Job Requirements: Imaging experience is required in CHR, Rock,
> Alternative, Country, Trance and/or Punk. Access to your own studio &
> stuff.
>
> Send Imaging Demo in mp3 (under 5MB) to:

> Earcandy@... or Earcandy13@...

> Thanks
> John Wilson
> Studio Manager
> Earcandy Audio Production
> www.earcandyaudioproduction.com

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Weight Loss Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

make friends online.

.

__,_._,___

the Encaffeinated ONE

Mar 25, 2008, 12:57:30 PM3/25/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

Is that the going rate for a custom sweeper? $4?

I'm assuming that they only take, say, 5-10 minutes for a professional to
make, then..

encaf1

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a
narrow field." - Niels Bohr
the Encaffeinated ONE <http://encaffeinated.ca>
Host of THE WEIRD SHOW <http://theweirdshow.com>
Crew on The 9th HeroesCAST <http://www.heroescast.com>

Spoken Word Coordinator, Host on CHSR FM 97.9 <http://chsrfm.ca>
Production Manager, Giant Gnome Productions
(Junior) Member, Darker Projects, <http://darkerprojects.com>Pendant Audio
Productions <http://pendantaudio.com>, Broken Sea Audio <brokensea.com>
*the Encaffeinated ONE*: Amateur Voice Actor, Podcaster, Amateur Writer
Wannabe, SF/F Fan, UNIX wizard, Geek.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:01 AM, john wilson <johnwilson25@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Well.. the e-mail address is posted at the web page or one can send a
> link.
>

> --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>, "john

> wilson" <johnwilson25@...> wrote:
> >
> > Job Description: You will get mp3s of dry voices to image in various
> > formats for internet radio stations. They will be Sweepers, Bumpers
> > and Promos. Turn around needed in 2-5 days. Pays about $4 per sweeper
> > and we tell you how much each project pays upfront. Just 2-4 projects
> > per month to start. Feel free to ask any questions
> >
> > Job Requirements: Imaging experience is required in CHR, Rock,
> > Alternative, Country, Trance and/or Punk. Access to your own studio &
> > stuff.
> >
> > Send Imaging Demo in mp3 (under 5MB) to:
> > Earcandy@... or Earcandy13@...
> >
> > Thanks
> > John Wilson
> > Studio Manager
> > Earcandy Audio Production
> > www.earcandyaudioproduction.com
> > earcandy13@...

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Y! Messenger

Send pics quick

Share photos while

you IM friends.

.

__,_._,___

Stephen Eley

Mar 25, 2008, 2:13:50 PM3/25/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:57 PM, the Encaffeinated ONE
<encaf1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is that the going rate for a custom sweeper? $4?

It's a really cut-rate business. There's not a lot of money in radio
these days, but everybody in the world thinks they can do voiceover
work or audio production, so there's much more supply than demand.
When that happens, you get single-digit rates for what ought to be a
refined craft.

--
Have Fun,
Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail.com)

__._,_.___

YahooGroups Podcasters Links

<*> The Podcast FAQ
    http://www.podcastfaq.com/

<*> The Official Podcasters Wiki
    http://www.podcasterswiki.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

10 Day Club

on Yahoo! Groups

Share the benefits

of a high fiber diet.

.

__,_._,___

Robert Becker

Mar 25, 2008, 2:26:01 PM3/25/08
to podca...@yahoogroups.com

As for those who "think" they can do v/o work, you ever scour the web for some of those DJ drop production houses? The demos are horrible...you've got guys who try to articially replicate a big booming voice and pass it off as big time v/o work. The quality is so bad it's laughable. Just do a Google search on "dj drops" for a couple of prime examples right off the bat.

<encaf1@gmail. com> wrote:
> Is that the going rate for a custom sweeper? $4?

It's a really cut-rate business. There's not a lot of money in radio
these days, but everybody in the world thinks they can do voiceover
work or audio production, so there's much more supply than demand.
When that happens, you get single-digit rates for what ought to be a
refined craft.

--
Have Fun,
Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail. com)