Podtrac Survey Results (as mentioned by Tony Kahn)

Rob Baker

May 1, 2006, 11:22:06 PM5/1/06
to podcastacademy2
Hey all,

So I was interested in the figures that Tony Kahn mentioned in his
presentation (which I'm pretty sure was my favorite but that's a tough
call to make), and went looking for them. Not sure if the sources was
mentioned elsewhere but the figures he had were part of a survey put
out by Podtrac just last month, and there's a video of the presentation
at the following link, with the exact breakdowns of what content is
most important to listeners and how much of each podcast they are
listening to, based on 40,000 listeners. A great resource for people
who need some more numbers to sell certain ideas about podcasting to
their organization or clients.

http://www.techpodcasts.com/archives/2006/03/tech_podcast_round_table_video.html

Thanks to all who put this together and presented -- a fantastic
seminar.

Rob Baker
http://www.oxfamamerica.org

Len Edgerly

May 2, 2006, 8:15:24 AM5/2/06
to podcastacademy2
Rob, I share your pick of Tony as favorite presenter (although Michael
Geoghegan and Steve Garfield were tied for very close to favorite). I
interviewed Tony duirng a break for this episode of my podcast, Mile
High Pod Chronicles:

http://lenchronicles.blogspot.com/2006/04/tony-kahn-on-getting-real-story.html

Len Edgerly, Denver

TravisGood

May 2, 2006, 8:25:31 AM5/2/06
to podcastacademy2
On the topic of surveys, I'm not sure if it was Tony Kahn but someone
did talk about the importance of asking your listeners what they think
and using a free online survey service to do that. Well, my note is
just a reminder that Survey Monkey is that free service he mentioned.

You can check out the service at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/

As for Podcast Academy II, I agree that it was very worthwhile.

Regards, Travis