Podcamp Toronto - Important News

1 view

Connie Crosby

Mar 5, 2009, 10:57:15 PM3/5/09
to podcamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!  Your recovering organizers hope you have also recovered from Podcamp, and are finding great ways to use what you learned during our weekend together. Some great news about our website for you:

Converting to PB Wiki 2.0

In the next couple of days we will be converting the wiki site to PB Wiki 2.0. Likely on Friday. We held off making this change until after our event. The site will look significantly different, but content should remain the same. While indeed we are being forced to make this change as PB Wiki will no longer be supporting 1.0, we believe this will give us some useful new features. We also hope to upgrade the site to a paid public group level.  This will give us the ability to lock down some of the pages to prevent spammers from vandalizing the site (an occasional annoyance), and to take advantage of some of the other features at that level. You will see some of those changes take place gradually in the next while as Tommy Vallier has time to work on it (thanks, Tommy!).

2009 Media Archive

Video files from all sessions have now been added to the wiki on the 2009 Media Archive page: http://podcamptoronto.pbwiki.com/MediaArchive2009 - Hopefully the URL will remain the same after the conversion to 2.0. If not, head over to the main site http://podcamptoronto.pbwiki.com and we should have a link from the front page. If you are like me, you probably have lots of watching to do! Because of volume of viewers, this year we have loaded everything onto Blip.tv. This means you can also re-post your favourites to your blog. (I love it!). Thanks to everyone who pitched in on putting this together - Jay Moonah, Tommy and Chris24 and anyone else I may have missed. Kudos!

Adding Your Presentation

If you presented at Podcamp Toronto, please also pitch in by adding a link to your presentation and any other files of content onto the 2009 Media Archive page. Podcamp presentations should be made available under Creative Commons (for more information see http://creativecommons.ca/ ). However, you may wish to wait until after we convert the site to do this. Please host your content on your own or another website, and put a link to it on the wiki. If you have presentation slides, for example, you might consider hosting them on http://www.slideshare.net . (Note: this is not an endorsement for Slideshare, but personally I'm a bit of a fan.)

Thanks! If you have questions about this, feel free to ask me or any of the other organizers. We expect that, once you get used to the changes, you will find the site better than before. Okay, now that half of you have Fleetwood Mac running through your head, I wish you a great weekend, too!

Cheers,
Connie

P.SDon't stop thinking about tomorrow, it'll soon be here. - C.   ;-)

Connie Crosby
Podcamp Toronto co-organizer
cell:  416-919-6719
connie...@gmail.com