[logbook] Logging to several files

Vincent Le Goff

Mar 14, 2020, 1:58:38 PM3/14/20
to pocoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask, as this seems to be a mailing
list focused on various products (hopefully Logbook is one of them).

I've played around with Logbook for a week now and find it pretty cool,
but I'm still surprised at how some things are done and I can't find how
to do other, simple things.  What bothers me the most: I have an
application which should log to various files. Log files (commands.log,
http.log, memory.log...) should contain more specific information.
Obviously, one log file per category. Although I have a general file
that contains information from every other logger if it exceeds a
certain error level, I would like to sort my debugging data into several
files.

And... I don't know how to do it.  The documentation seems to
acknowledge that it is possible, but not recommended, to have a handler
associated to a logger.  Yet, as far as I know, the only way to create
several logging files in Logbook would be to create several
FileHandler.  Am I missing something obvious here?  The documentation
isn't that small so I might have missed important examples, and I might
not be that familiar with the design yet.

Thanks for your help,

Vincent