Mini Figurines

cknu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 5:40:46 PM7/18/17
to Pocket NC
Hello Everyone,

The use of one of these machines would be exclusively milling out mini figurines. Would anyone have any examples of as highly detailed as possible figurines cut out with the pocketnc? If suitable for this intention, I would paint and finish wooden figurines.

Thanks for any response.

Chris N.

Tokyo Pav

Jul 18, 2017, 7:56:19 PM7/18/17
to Pocket NC

cknu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 7:58:58 PM7/18/17
to Pocket NC
I may not have directed my question properly. Has anyone cut out any mini figurines with organic curves. If so could you post the results? Creating the 3D assets is not the problem. Just unclear if I will be able to achieve the cut outs with this CNC mill.

jaco...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2018, 11:20:07 PM7/30/18
to Pocket NC
I know it's been a year, but yes you can mill an "organic" stl file. Here's a project I did of a bust of Einstein. It took a long time to will with the small end mill but it gave great results.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/pocket-nc/look-what-i-made/nhUekcLUjrI