Pocket NC Simulation Problem

Robin Taylor

May 11, 2021, 7:19:50 AM5/11/21
to Pocket NC
Hi All,

I have been using the Pocket NC V2.10 with Fusion 360 for almost 2 years and I predominately use the ER40 collet to hold bar stock and then use the Swarf operation to, among other things, part the stock.

I have recently been running into and issue where by the post processor runs fine but when I simulate it I always get a ' Feed rate must be greater than 0 for linear or arc moves' error on all my Swarf operations.

Does anyone what this is or how to resolve it?

TIA

Robin

John Allwine

May 11, 2021, 9:13:52 AM5/11/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Robin,

Does the program run fine on a real machine? There was a bug in the simulator recently when the specified feed rate is less than 1 inch/minute that resulted in that error. It should be fixed now, though, so it may be a matter of refreshing the simulator, closing your browser and then going back to the simulator. When you open the JavaScript console (on Windows/Linux pressing Shift+Ctrl+J or Option+ ⌘+J on macOS), the version should read v0.6.1 if you have the most up to date version. If you're still getting that error in the simulator and it shows that version, let me know and I can take a closer look.

-John

Robin Taylor

May 11, 2021, 9:34:49 AM5/11/21
to Pocket NC
Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback, I feel a little stupid now as I had not tried running it on the machine! I generally find the simulator very good and if it highlights an issue it will occur when running the program...

I will try what you suggested, thankyou.

Robin

John Allwine

May 11, 2021, 10:41:43 AM5/11/21
to Pocket NC
Not at all! The simulator is meant to catch problems that could arise during machining. Of course, bugs crop up and the implementation is different from what is actually running on a machine, so it doesn't always match the real behavior of the machine.

Robin Taylor

May 11, 2021, 10:43:58 AM5/11/21
to Pocket NC
Clearing browser cache and a force refresh sorted it, thankyou again!