How to activat th Spindle

Christoph Sobotta

Dec 2, 2017, 3:40:36 PM12/2/17
to Pocket NC

Hello guys,
I want to use the machine, which is a V2 Type. I try and the most thing are working manualy or with the DRI input. But I can notactivate the spindle. Is there any tric, or the spindle works only if activated in a G-Code programm. r is there a special cnmommand M3 is not working and  dont know to use the G96 and G97 Command.
Maybe one of you helpfull people can give me a easy program, link, or only a good advice.There is no button for spindel on off. Also to set the display to millimeter I can not save.

Thank you
Christoph

Tokyo Pav

Dec 3, 2017, 4:40:30 PM12/3/17
to Pocket NC
I don’t have a V2 but I see that you have S0 in the current G and M code status window. What if you type S500 M3 as a MDI input. I assume it would work as expected.

Christoph Sobotta

Dec 3, 2017, 7:09:53 PM12/3/17
to Pocket NC
Ok thank you that works.

Tokyo Pav

Dec 4, 2017, 3:23:05 AM12/4/17
to Pocket NC
Awesome. Happy milling.

Jonathan

Dec 5, 2017, 9:44:26 AM12/5/17
to Pocket NC
Thanks to those who already replied to this thread.

Here is just a little more explanation of what is going on.

The machine needs both a command to turn on the spindle and needs to know what speed to go to. This is achieved by telling the spindle to turn on using an "M3" command and also telling it what speed to go to "Sxxxx" where xxxx is a number between 0 and 10,000 rpm.

For example to turn on the spindle and set the speed to 5,000 rpm, type "M3 S5000" into the MDI window then hit the "Enter key". (omit the quotation marks when typing the command).

To turn off the spindle type "M5" into to the MDI window and then hit the "Enter" key.

Jonathan