Beaglebone board got stuck

manohjk...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2018, 12:44:05 PM9/3/18
to Pocket NC
When machine is connected to the computer, the power button is not getting turned on
Waited for an hour but still it is off

Please help me to get solve it

ke...@pocketnc.com

Sep 3, 2018, 12:47:36 PM9/3/18
to Pocket NC
Hello,

Did you see the email I just sent you regarding the BBB potentially being full on storage?

Thanks,
Kerry

manohjk...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2018, 1:59:55 PM9/3/18
to Pocket NC
Thanks for the reply! But I got a problem while trying something, I formatted the whole driver instead. Again try to connect the Beaglebone driver is empty and still the machine's power button is off. I tried to re-install the driver but results were same.

Could you please help me on that?

ke...@pocketnc.com

Sep 3, 2018, 3:13:39 PM9/3/18
to Pocket NC
Okay - can you let me know the serial number of your machine? If you have a V2 it's on the lower left hand corner of the machine by the CE symbol it should be four digits: 1XXX. If it's a V1 it's by the Z Carriage on the inside the machine 0XXX. I would recommend turning the entire machine off, unplug the USB, and do a restart of the computer or laptop as well. Thanks, Kerry

manohjk...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2018, 12:14:52 AM9/4/18
to Pocket NC
It is 1146

I tried the procedure you recommended but the result is negative

Thank you

manohjk...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2018, 12:55:33 AM9/4/18
to Pocket NC
Is it recommended to re-flash the BBB? Please help on this also

Manohj Kumaar

Sep 4, 2018, 7:20:13 AM9/4/18
to Pocket NC
Thanks for your guidance Kerry! Happy to say that Machine started working good

ke...@pocketnc.com

Sep 4, 2018, 10:30:12 AM9/4/18
to Pocket NC
Hello Manohj,

While I've already replied via email, I wanted to put in the forum as well:

One thing we realized fairly recently is that if the BBB is not shut down prior to turning off the machine it may corrupt it or temporarily cut off communication to the BBB, so we updated the software to include a button that safely turns off the BBB. You can find the instructions to update here (Software Update Tutorial), and then you can safely shut down the BBB after the machine is used.

We do encourage all V2 users to update software to this latest version (3.3.0) to be able to safely shutdown the BBB.

Thanks,
Kerry

b.j...@gmail.com

May 3, 2019, 4:41:51 PM5/3/19
to Pocket NC
Kerry,
I seem to have the same problem than Manohj. Beaglebone board is plugged in computer, blue light in Pocket NC flashes but that's about it, in my mind it is getting electricity but there isn't any red light flashing.
I have to add that we have used the machine, that actually I am in the middle of a project and I was changing the head when the problem happened. We are using the machine with a Chromebook. I tried to look for updates to the drive but I have not been successful, the wheel keeps spinning when I tell the "website" to look for the updates.

If you could help me to solve the problem, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Beatriz

Jonathan

May 3, 2019, 6:18:35 PM5/3/19
to Pocket NC
Beatriz,

Please see the tutorial on our website https://support.pocketnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009351453-Software-Update-Tutorial for instructions on how update the software on your machine.

Are you seeing the Pocket NC in the Finder/Devices menu of your computer?

Please try:
- Rebooting your computer and the Pocket NC (make sure the unplug both the power cord and the usb so that the Beablebone reboots completely)
- Making sure the USB cable is connected to both the computer and the Pocket NC
- Try a different USB cable

Please let us know what you find out.

Jonathan

b.j...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 2:08:59 PM5/6/19
to Pocket NC
Jonathan,
I have tried all those options. We are currently using the Chromebook that you guys sell with Pocket NC. However, since it is a Chromebook I cannot try to update the drivers (to see if that is the problem) because the Chromebook isn´t compatible with Windows, Macintosh or Linux. I don´t know what else to do. This problem happened all of the sudden while printing the last project when I went from changing one head to another.
The Chromebook does recognize the Pocket NC connection, I think it is a problem from the Pocket NC machine that it doesn´t red blink (?) maybe. If I format the device beaglebone, will I loose all the information in the device and won´t be able to connect it back again?

I just don´t know how else to proceed.
Thanks!
Beatriz