Machinekit fails to start

M Michel

Sep 18, 2018, 12:19:10 PM9/18/18
to Pocket NC

Hello world,

I recently got my pocket NC V2 delivered, now taking first steps.

Machinekit fails to start. I followed the tutorial of the pocket NC website: http://www.pocketnc.com/windows/

Thanks for advice.

Michel

pocketnc@pocketnc:~$ PocketNC
MACHINEKIT - 0.1
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 280: cd: /home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/configs/ARM.BeagleBone.PocketNC: No such file or directory
grep: /home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/configs/ARM.BeagleBone.PocketNC/PocketNC.ini: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 338: /home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/configs/ARM.BeagleBone.PocketNC/PocketNC.ini: No such file or directory
Machine configuration directory is '/home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/configs/ARM.BeagleBone.PocketNC'
Machine configuration file is 'PocketNC.ini'
Starting Machinekit...
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 650: cd: /home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/configs/ARM.BeagleBone.PocketNC: No such file or directory
libnml/cms/tcp_srv.cc 276: bind error: 98 -- Address already in use
libnml/cms/tcp_srv.cc 277: Server can not bind the connection socket on port 5005.
libnml/rcs/rcs_exit.cc 96:
 Errors Reported!!!
 Press ^C to exit.
ERROR: found existing RT instance with the same instance id (0)
the msgd process msgd:0 is already running, pid: 1075
the RT process rtapi:0 is already running, pid: 1085
rtapi_msgd startup failed - aborting
io started
halcmd loadusr io started
Can't execute TASK program
Shutting down and cleaning up Machinekit...
<commandline>:0: unloadrt failed
<commandline>:0: unloadrt failed
Cleanup done

ke...@pocketnc.com

Sep 18, 2018, 12:45:33 PM9/18/18
to Pocket NC
Hi Michel,

You're following legacy instructions for the V1. If you have a V2 please follow the software setup here, it doesn't work through the Putty terminal anymore on the V2. You should just need to open a browser and type in the IP address. Please let us know how that works.

Thanks,
Kerry

M Michel

Sep 18, 2018, 1:25:27 PM9/18/18
to Pocket NC
Thank you Kerry,

I thought this was an alternative way to access the PNC V2.

Merci
Michel