Connecting.... Connecting...

b.j...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 5:17:44 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hello!

So I posted on another topic that I had problems making the red light blinking. I finally solved that problem but now... when I go to the IP website, Pocket NC will keep connecting... for forever. It will basically never connect.

What do you think the problem is?

Thanks!
Beatriz

Q Rothing

May 7, 2019, 5:36:20 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Beatriz,

Try clearing your browser's cache by holding shift and clicking the refresh button.

hokmod...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 5:47:25 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Beatriz here.
Just tried here and still not connecting.

hokmod...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 5:56:12 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
So the log is 1,3 GB, how can I remove all the files?

typing this literally like that?

sudo find /var/log -name '*.*.gz' -exec rm {} ';'
sudo find /var/log -type f -exec truncate -s 0 {} ';'

do I need to add something in the between the * * ?
It is the first time writing those codes.

Kerry Neal

May 7, 2019, 6:01:42 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Beatriz,

That's correct, you don't need to put anything between the * *. When the machine suddenly stops and just displays connecting... it typically means the beaglebone board is full. If you have a more recent version of the software you can go into the Status Tab and then clear logs first and see if that helps, if it doesn't you may need to clear the g-codes (note this clears your programs). See section 4.5 of this document: https://support.pocketnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009221314-V2-Software-Overview. After this I would suggest upgrading so you have this as an option and don't need to go into the terminal or Putty.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,
Kerry

hokmod...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 6:12:02 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Kerry,
I cleared the log using a ssh compatible with Chromebook, rebooted and still is connecting. I am currently checking for updates and see if that is the problem. I will post here tomorrow with any outcome. I have to add that my pocket nc interface does not have the status tab that it is shown in the link you posted.

Thank you all for the support and we shall see tomorrow :)

Kerry Neal

May 7, 2019, 6:13:57 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hello Beatriz,

You may want to re-check the file size again and make sure it's something reasonable. Then, as Q mentioned make sure you are hitting shift + refresh on the software UI to make sure it's not just loading the cached page that shows connecting. Then I would recommend updating the software version so in the future you can monitor the storage and clear as you get close to full.

Thanks,
Kerry

b.j...@gmail.com

May 8, 2019, 11:23:01 AM5/8/19
to Pocket NC
Got it! Finally :) Thank you so much.
I basically restored the Chrome browser settings and it worked.

Thank you so much to Kerry and Q for your patience and help.

Kerry Neal

May 8, 2019, 11:31:22 AM5/8/19
to Pocket NC
Great, glad it is working for you and also thanks for letting us know what worked. -Kerry

b.j...@gmail.com

May 8, 2019, 11:33:55 AM5/8/19
to Pocket NC
Yes, I had to do a couple of things, well I basically did everything you guys said:

- Checked USB connections, plug and unplug.
- Cleared log memory
- Updated, now we are at v2 Beta 6 I believe. (still doesn't show the Stats tab)
- Restored Chrome browser.

Q Rothing

May 8, 2019, 12:14:18 PM5/8/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Beatriz,

Glad to hear you are up and running again! Although, it sounds like you are on a pretty old version of the software. The newest software version is 4.1.2 so if you are not seeing that as an option in your "version" tab then you should follow these instructions on how to get the latest software update. Let us know if you are having any trouble with that process.

Thanks!