B-Table off centre?

mic...@cyto365.com

Jun 17, 2018, 1:44:57 AM6/17/18
to Pocket NC
Firstly I always have the A-Table horizontal, and I am making a drill hole from one side then rotate the B-Table 180 degrees to continue the hole from the other side and find that the two holes are not aligned but actually off-centred? Any suggestions? It is actually about 1 mm off.
Best regards

Micael

Logan Rose

Jun 17, 2018, 9:08:04 AM6/17/18
to Pocket NC
Can you share your fusion file?

mic...@cyto365.com

Jun 17, 2018, 9:47:51 AM6/17/18
to Pocket NC

mic...@cyto365.com

Jun 18, 2018, 3:15:17 PM6/18/18
to Pocket NC
Any suggestions?

logan.tr...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2018, 3:20:04 PM6/18/18
to Pocket NC
Sorry, I have been kinda busy last few days and haven't been able to help yet. Have you tried sending the report to PocketNC to see if they could help?

mic...@cyto365.com

Jun 18, 2018, 4:01:14 PM6/18/18
to Pocket NC
Just received this from PocketNC,

Hi Micael,

We just became aware of this problem as well.  We hope to release a software update and tutorial in the next few days for people who might have this issue.

I will send you a direct link for the tutorial once we have it written.  You should expect to see it mid day Wednesday.

Sorry for the trouble,

-Matt

ke...@pocketnc.com

Jul 3, 2018, 6:07:45 PM7/3/18
to Pocket NC
To update the forum on this thread - I've attached our B Axis Compensation Tutorial. Our initial calibration procedure was such that we checked two positions on the B table (0 and 360 degrees), we found out that there were some intermediate angles (90 and 180 degrees) that can be off by at most 0.5 degrees. As such we've changed our calibration procedure in the last month to incorporate 4 test positions instead of just 2. Only a handful of customers have had applications that have noticed this discrepancy, but now that there is a solution we do want to encourage those who have applications that may be affected by this to go through the attached tutorial. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Kerry
B Axis Compensation Tutorial (2).pdf
Message has been deleted