B-Axis Unwind?

sean....@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2018, 10:38:51 PM7/29/18
to Pocket NC
I wrote code to machine a spiral to machine a locating pin on B-Axis center.

I used a while loop.

In the end, I have the B-axis at large negative values.

Is there a way to reset the B to zero?

I've tried various forms of G92 and it just shifts my problem to the G92 register.

I see 3D printer methods for zeroing extruder values to avoid huge "unwind" moves is a simple G92 E0.

Is there an equivalent in the Axis world?

Thanks,

Sean.

Logan Rose

Aug 5, 2018, 9:15:25 AM8/5/18
to Pocket NC
Hummm...  I would look at it more as a 4 axis machining approach that only has 0 to 360 (makes much more sense to me).   During my machining days, I noticed we had one 4 axis machine that would only show 0 to 360.    On another multi axis grinder that was custom made (14 or 15 different motored axis) it wouldn't use degrees at all on the rotational planes.   It used coordinates of tool tip and a point 10mm behind the tool tip on the same axis.  Weirdest thing I ever seen.