V2 B-Table Offsets

Jeff Gomes

Mar 14, 2018, 5:42:47 PM3/14/18
to Pocket NC
I had my machine upgraded from V1 to V2.  The PocketNC Spindle Guide included with my V2 lists two values for the B-table offset: Nominal and Measured.  I assume I'm supposed to use the measured value for CAM setup and tool length offset calculations, but I'm curious why both are provided and in what context I would need the nominal value.

~ Jeff

Jonathan

Mar 14, 2018, 6:55:33 PM3/14/18
to Pocket NC
Jeff,

We have been starting supplying both numbers since the CAD model has the nominal value and the measured value is the one that we find during calibration. Of course the two numbers should be the same or close to it. I would recommend using the measured value for the CAM setup.

Jonathan

ma...@ruthtrumpold.id.au

Apr 27, 2018, 3:44:32 AM4/27/18
to Pocket NC
You can upgrade to V2? What are the differences? How much does it cost?

Jonathan

Apr 27, 2018, 2:58:54 PM4/27/18
to Pocket NC
Yes we do have an upgrade option available. Here is a link to it. It costs $2,500.

The V2 uses a worm gear drive instead of belt drive for the rotary axes. It also includes an integrated tool probe and a new user interface that allows you to control the machine from a browser instead of a terminal connection. The trunnion has been redesigned and now includes a through hole that is threaded to accept a ER-40 collet mounting system which provides an excellent method for holding round stock up to 1 inch in diameter.

Jonathan