Solidworks

Brian Greenman

Jun 7, 2019, 12:56:51 PM6/7/19
to Pocket NC
just joined the group, i recently acquired the pocketnc from a coworker but where i work i cant use fusion360. now ive gotten to mill my first part (a chess piece) but the previous owner had the part already loaded into solidworks along with the btable and vise. i am starting a new project today and for the life of me cant figure how to manually set the WCS offset. anyone here use solidworks and can help me out? the tutorial for the WCS from pocketnc shows the fusion360 guide but when the btable and vise are loaded into solidworks i dont know how to add a point for the WCS

Q Rothing

Jun 10, 2019, 10:21:18 AM6/10/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Brian,

You should just be able to draw a sketch line that starts at the face of the B-table and runs .8xx" (B-table offset for your machine) in the Y positive direction. As long as this line is also at the center of B rotation, the top point of it should be an accurate representation of the center of rotation for the machine, which is where you will want to set your WCS.

Hopefully that make sense. Let us know if it doesn't, we are happy to help you further.

Q Rothing
Pocket NC