My Pocket Nc Machine will not start

Rolf Libakken

Jun 19, 2018, 6:32:18 PM6/19/18
to Pocket NC
Hi,

My machine not boot up now, ther is no light in the buttons on the machine.
Last time I used this machine was last friday, but I have not been able to run the machine propertly yet, only for one operation, this operation went well.
After this operation, I went further with a new operation, but when I should run the new toolpath the become a failure (Linear move on Z-axis´s positive limit) the tool number (9) offseth show was approx -81mm, the offseth show 127mm. I have tried everything, but nothing helped. But now, the machine will not start at all... I can see the BB in my computer.

It's a brand new machine.

Does anyone know what happened to my Pocket NC?

Thanks!

BR.
Rolf Libakken
NORWAY
IMG_20180614_151308.jpg

mic...@cyto365.com

Jun 28, 2018, 2:24:19 AM6/28/18
to Pocket NC
Hei Rolf,

Whenever I can see my BeagleBone on my computer but no led light and no connection on the web interface it is usually memory full on the beagle bone. I have then used ssh client putty to connect and then to see the memory and then delete remaining .ngc files and unnessecary log files. Then i have removed the USB and turn off power on the PocketNC. Let it rest for 1 minute. Then connect the USB to my computer again and voila I should see the led red led light blinking again after about a 1-2.5min when it has booted up. Now I can open my Webbrowser and connect.

For the z value most often it is the wrong tool you have tried to measure. If it says in Fusion360 t4 then you should measure tool 4. It is very easy to mismatch. If you have measured the correct tool you can try by altering the length longer or shorter, because sometimes the tool can not reach all the way you need it to, or is too long.
One last thing that it can be, is the clearance heights in the fusion360. Try to elaborate with those so they are not too far away from your stock since your PocketNC is limited in work size and I believe fusion 360 often suggest too much clearance heights.

Best regards

Micael, www.cyto365.com “fail-safe infusion with turn valve manifold for IV set”

Rolf Libakken

Jun 28, 2018, 9:24:49 AM6/28/18
to Pocket NC
Thank you Micael,

I got a new BB card from Pocket NC, and the machine is ok. (thank you Jonathan, for the card :-) )

I still have a issue regarding to run a program. I just working now to try to figure out all the code in the beginning of the program. The code (T14 M6), change tools and the code (G43 Zxx.xxx H2)
I have done the measuring on the tool number 2, now I can run the program, but there is a offsets on 20mm above the stock, I working now with how I can find a solution on these problem.

Best regards

Rolf Libakken

Jonathan

Jun 28, 2018, 9:52:00 AM6/28/18
to Pocket NC
Rolf,

The first place that I would check in is the "heights" tab of your Fusion CAM file. You might have the start or finish height set up differently than you are wanting. If you are willing to post or email me a link I could take a look at it for you.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 28, 2018, 10:44:15 AM6/28/18
to Pocket NC
Rolf,

like I mentioned in the email, this could be related to a software issue that we addressed in a recent update. Please try updating your software to v2.0.1-beta-10 or newer.

The instructions are in the attached document.

Jonathan
Software Update Tutorial (1).pdf

Rolf Libakken

Jul 5, 2018, 5:11:44 PM7/5/18
to Pocket NC
I had to restart the machine with the ethernet cord in, then I  had contact with the network and could do the update. The machine worked fine with the new update.

About my problem with wrong tool offset, I discovered some mistakes in the codes from Fusion CAM.
The tool numbers in use, should be the same in line with tool call,  Txx and tool offset line G43 Zxx. Hxx. Time to time these two codes are different. I then have to make changes, when this happens.

Best Regards.
Rolf Libakken