Hand Controlller

Rob McInerney

Feb 11, 2020, 8:48:33 AM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Has anybody been able to connect a CNC type Hand Controller to the Pocket NC?

CNC Hand Controller.JPG

Tokyo Pav

Feb 11, 2020, 9:44:10 AM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
I attached in of these to my laptop to manually move the axis’.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=kjpgtuosqjotony&orderId=114-1682941-3813047&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DH74k5KZs

Works really well and you can customize the buttons. Jog and shuttle easily.

Rob McInerney

Feb 11, 2020, 9:51:39 AM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Thanks for the reply - But, that link didn't come thru (it was the link to your order and not the item).
Can you please re-post?
Thanks

Tokyo Pav

Feb 11, 2020, 9:54:56 AM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Ooops. Sorry.
Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0032Y0OH0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Contour ShuttleXpress

Graham Stabler

Feb 11, 2020, 6:48:55 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Can you assign the buttons to select which axis moves?

Graham

Tokyo Pav

Feb 11, 2020, 7:06:44 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Yes. Also I assign the size of the jog step to buttons. It’s very cool. Also good job to the PocketNC team for having shortcut keys for each function which allows complete flexibility.

Graham Stabler

Feb 11, 2020, 7:13:59 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Ah, I wasn't aware there were shortcut keys.

Graham

Rob McInerney

Feb 11, 2020, 7:16:58 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Tokyo, Would you be willing to share your set up file for the keys?

Tokyo Pav

Feb 11, 2020, 7:21:59 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Sure. When I get home from work, I’m on Japan time, I’ll post my settings file.

Rob McInerney

Feb 11, 2020, 8:00:00 PM2/11/20
to Pocket NC
Great, That is very nice of you!

Tokyo Pav

Feb 12, 2020, 2:35:38 PM2/12/20
to Pocket NC
I tried to find the .pref file that I made but it seems to have gone for whatever reason. I’m a bit annoyed to be honest as it took a while to set up the jog and shuttle settings.
I’ll get around to making it again but I’m away until Sunday night now.
I’ll re-create next week as I’ll need it. I’ll sure my version then. Sorry about that.
TP

Mike Henry

Feb 12, 2020, 4:34:30 PM2/12/20
to Pocket NC
Tormach sells a version of the "pendant" that Tokyp Pav uses that is pre-printed with the key functions:

It's quite a bit more than the generic jog controllers, but the labeling is nice if it is compatible with the way Tokyo Pav has it interfaced.  I use two of them with my Tormach PCNC 1100 3-axis mill and SBL-15 lathe and they work fine for me so long as due care is taken not to get chips or swarf into the works.  It's lacking a "Pause" button, which would be a really nice feature when running new programs.

Tokyo Pav

Feb 26, 2020, 4:55:04 AM2/26/20
to Pocket NC
sorry for slow reply. Life got in the way :-)
Here is my settings file
Basically the first three buttons set X Y Z and the 4th and 5th set incriment step. The axis move withe the center dial
The outer dial is always set to rotate b continuosly. You can also select A and B axis from the UI and then the center dial to increment those axis also.
When you import the settings file you need to associate it with an application. I use google chrome so I associtaed it with the application. You need to navigate to it from the OS.
Any questions pleade ask.
Regards
TP
TP_PNC.pref

Rob McInerney

Feb 26, 2020, 6:56:15 AM2/26/20
to Pocket NC
Great Thanks, I will give this a try.
Your help is much appreciated!

Rob McInerney

Mar 1, 2020, 9:22:57 PM3/1/20
to Pocket NC
TP
I tried the file you sent and it seems to be empty. None of the keys load.  I have tried many times, can yo send it again?
Thanks in advance.

Tokyo Pav

Mar 17, 2020, 3:44:56 AM3/17/20
to Pocket NC
I tested the file and it works ok on my system.
You have to have the jog portion of the UI active for it to work. Try the application setting to "Global Settings"
Regards
TP

paolor...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 2:53:37 PM7/4/20
to Pocket NC
Hey TP,

I love what you have done by incorporating the shuttle express to work with the Pocket NC as a jog pendant. However, I am having the same problem as Rob and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong with the .pref file you have provided. If you can kindly explain the shuttle configuration settings that would be much appreciated. Every time I load your file, no keys load.

Thank you.

Paolo

Richard Tymko

Jan 17, 2021, 3:48:52 PM1/17/21
to Pocket NC
Hi, what keyboard shortcuts did you use to select the jog increments?  I have it all working except for that function?

Richard Tymko

Jan 18, 2021, 2:24:59 PM1/18/21
to Pocket NC
For those of you interested in adding a Contour Shuttle Xpress to your Pocket NC...

The number keys 1 through 5 select the axis.  The - & + keys move selected axis in relative direction. The [ & ] keys filter through the jog settings.
Main note is to make sure the Jog button is NOT selected.

This whole setup can be accomplished through the Shuttle Xpress control panel.
Choose the browser application that you are using and make all your settings relative to that application.

Hope this helps.