Old Pocket NC Spreadsheet to assist Tool Length Calculations

Randy Kopf

Oct 27, 2016, 11:53:36 PM10/27/16
to Pocket NC
Hello Fellow Pocket NC Enthusiast:

This is for OLD SPINDLES, sorry it's not for those with the new spindles.

I made this spreadsheet to assist me with the Pocket NC Tool Length entry.
This little tool helps me and If it helps you great... if not no worries.

I do change up tools a bit so that is why I like this tool.

First I like to measure my cutters from tip to collar and then add the collar thickness. Then subtract that from the Spindle distance from Z Home to "A" Axis Centerline.

It's all in the spreadsheet.  I also use this as a double check to when I input values I input in Axis Tool Entry screen. And typically do an MDI before I run a program
Like if my program uses Tool 1 and Tool 2 I'll input G43 H1 enter and see the DRO screen report Tool 1's length and I compare it to the spreadsheet. I repeat for Tool 2.

At the moment I do use similar tools for hard and soft materials and for ease of program I've duplicated Tool numbers.
But may go with unique numbers for each tool in the future. Think I'm going to label my tool tray with #'s and assign.

Randy Kopf

Pocket NC Machine Setup.xlsx

ptcuni...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2016, 12:55:49 PM11/4/16
to Pocket NC
Randy,

Would you mine to share STEP or IGES model
KOPF PNC Fixture System
KOPF PNC MITEE-GRIP

My private e-mail is Koziol...@sbcglobal.net

Regards,
Richard Koziol

Randy Kopf

Nov 4, 2016, 1:26:51 PM11/4/16
to Pocket NC
Richard:
You can find machine model specifics to design anything you want using the static machine models found here.
http://www.pocketnc.com/post-processor-information
As for KOPF Designs I apologize they are not free.
Randy

ptcuni...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2016, 1:38:31 PM11/4/16
to Pocket NC
Randy,

Are you sale those parts?
I'm interested to purchase.

Richard

Randy Kopf

Nov 4, 2016, 1:50:47 PM11/4/16
to Pocket NC
Richard:
Indeed, I will message you direct later today.
Randy