New Siemens NXCAM postprocessor and machine simulation kit

Tokyo Pav

Sep 20, 2017, 11:08:10 PM9/20/17
to Pocket NC

I have updated the machine kit for Sismens NXCAM that allows you to run just single operation out of a group of posted operations, or single posted operations, or multiple operations that normally wouldn’t have a tool change etc between operation so I forced a tool and spindle etc, so starting the program from any operation is fine. It’s basically hassle free for casual NC programming and starting any program from any point on the pocket NC. The full machine simulation with g-codes works great for finding travel limits also as I built the correct kinematic limitation also.

Happy Machining :-)

PocketNC_V3.7z

Logan Rose

Dec 7, 2017, 9:27:08 PM12/7/17
to Pocket NC
Thank you.  It has been forever since I have used NX.   (Back when it just came from Unigraphics and a little bit of NX7)    I have never added a Post Processor of machine.   Any pointers on how to use this MTK file?

Logan Rose

Dec 8, 2017, 8:52:21 AM12/8/17
to Pocket NC
Trying to add this again today.   Not sure what to do with the MTK file.   All of my other machine add ons for NX were always a DAT file format.   Any help with adding this to NX?

Tokyo Pav

Dec 8, 2017, 10:34:53 PM12/8/17
to Pocket NC
From the machin tool builder menu you just import the file. It will put the machine tool model and post into the correct locations automatically. There is a small guide in the documentation.

Logan Rose

Dec 11, 2017, 4:37:50 PM12/11/17
to Pocket NC
Ok, another dumb question, but where do I find this documentation?   Is it supposed to be located in your download file or within NX?

Tokyo Pav

Dec 14, 2017, 1:50:23 AM12/14/17
to Pocket NC
The documentation that comes with NX. You can also check on the support site. Login with your customer id and password at the top of your license file.

Logan Rose

Jan 14, 2018, 1:11:04 PM1/14/18
to Pocket NC
Awesome.  Thanks for the help.  I used this to get it up and running pretty well.    I would like to see if I can build the entire tool library, including shanks/holders, etc.   I see that they have an entire tool library for Fusion 360 (which I love btw), but I would really like to get back into NX for some of the more complicated 5-Axis movement.    Have you had time to do this already?   I would like to team up with you to get this accomplished.

Tokyo Pav

Jan 14, 2018, 5:11:55 PM1/14/18
to Pocket NC
NXCam ships with a decent tool library, just need to add the two tool holder version to the library then it’s easy to recall the tool and holder. Maybe you have a couple of set tools that never change then I would also add them to the library.
Feel free to cantact separately and i’d Be happy to team up and help with anything I can.
Cheers.

grant.s...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2018, 5:30:19 PM11/13/18
to Pocket NC
Does this NXCAM postprocessor work with Solid Edge?

Tokyo Pav

Nov 30, 2018, 1:00:12 AM11/30/18
to Pocket NC
Hi
Yes it does. Solid Edge will use the same postprocessor as NX.
Regards
TP

Daniel

Jan 7, 2019, 5:09:13 AM1/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hi,

I just got NX 12 on my machine but when i try to simulate the machine code i get a error with the "controller".

This is from the logg file.

Error during execution of entry point function 'CreateController' in the CSE Python controller script 'CSEFanuc'.
['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "yacc.py", line 2552, in write_table\n', "PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'Parser_parsetab.py'\n", '\nDuring handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:\n\n', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "C:\\Program Files\\NX120\\MACH\\resource\\library\\machine\\installed_machines\\PocketNC\\cse_driver\\CSEFanuc.py", line 462, in CreateController\n    return CSEWrapper.Controller(Controller())\n', '  File "C:\\Program Files\\NX120\\MACH\\resource\\library\\machine\\installed_machines\\PocketNC\\cse_driver\\CSEFanuc.py", line 27, in __init__\n    self.m_NCParser = CseFanuc_Yacc.Parser()\n', '  File "C:\\Program Files\\NX120\\MACH\\resource\\library\\machine\\installed_machines\\PocketNC\\cse_driver\\CseFanuc_Yacc.py", line 45, in __init__\n    self.parser = yacc.yacc(module=self, debug=self.debug, debugfile=self.debugfile, optimize=0, tabmodule=self.tabmodule, errorlog = yacc.NullLogger())\n', '  File "yacc.py", line 3268, in yacc\n', '  File "yacc.py", line 2658, in write_table\n', "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write'\n"]
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, Internal CSE error! See syslog for details.
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX  1  The controller 'Python' could not be initialized.
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT  Please check your configuration.
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, Error processing CSE Machine Configuration or Controller Configuration file.
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2,0 Switching to tool path simulation.
************* MOM: TCL SCRIPT MESSAGE ****

Any guess to whats wrong? Should i try another Fanuc controller from the out of the box simulated machines?

Best regards Daniel

hrclwo...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2020, 7:45:10 AM4/13/20
to Pocket NC
Hello Sir,

Can we use Machine Simulation that have the ATC use with Multiple Operation have tool change using ATC in 3-Axis Vertical machining Center ?

Waiting for your answer.

Tokyo Pav

Apr 13, 2020, 8:19:16 AM4/13/20
to Pocket NC
Sure. Very easy to implement. If you give me the sample G-code you want I can add to the pocketnc postprocessor or help you with another postprocessor.
Regards
TP

hrclwo...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2020, 8:25:47 AM4/13/20
to Pocket NC
Sir May i know your E mail ID as i will send the .prt file as you can have easy to solve the problem that i am facing right now in the software. As i am currently unable to attach the file right now here in this section.
Regards
HRCL

Tokyo Pav

Apr 13, 2020, 9:38:14 AM4/13/20
to Pocket NC
i sent private reply

Bruce Pettibone

Oct 5, 2020, 12:28:03 AM10/5/20
to Pocket NC
Hello Forum Members

I'm having the same issue, has anyone posted a fix to Daniel's Internal CSE error!?

If not, does anyone know the fix!?!

Thanks very much,

-Bruce

Tokyo Pav

Oct 5, 2020, 3:33:43 AM10/5/20
to Pocket NC
I think you have to change the permissions in the install directories of NX. It’s a write permission error.

Bruce Pettibone

Oct 5, 2020, 6:44:28 PM10/5/20
to Pocket NC
Hi Paul... thanks very much for your help! As a 'sure fire' approach, ran NX as administrator and Machine Simulation  using machine code worked fine... will look into changing permissions on appropriate folders... had some trouble doing so on Windows 10, but will get it figured out(!)