Tokyo Pav

Feb 10, 2019, 3:09:54 AM2/10/19
to Pocket NC
Just finished the upgrade of my beaglebone board so I can get the new UI on my V1 machine. Changing the board and looking inside shows you how well these machines are made. Very impressive and very happy to have an upgrade path for the software. Also got the tool holder so I can complete my off-machine tool height setter.
Very easy upgrade, less than 10 minutes.
Thanks again PNC team 👍
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xav7d43qMvD6dGXx9
Enjoy the photos
TP

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 11, 2019, 9:54:14 AM2/11/19
to Pocket NC
Tokyo,

We are glad to hear that process went smoothly for you! Thanks for positive feedback.

Happy Making!

Q Rothing
PNC Applications Engineer

Othoap Proto

Feb 12, 2019, 12:54:42 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
my upgrade can't see the IP, so not happy

Tokyo Pav

Feb 12, 2019, 5:17:14 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
I also added the USB extension from the back of the board to the front of the machine. I wanted to keep the hole closed so swarf didn't find its way in so easily.
Is it possible to run the new UI software without a PC?
I have my current external monitor and keyboard etc. that was running directly of the beaglebone. Is that still possible with a browser on the BB?
Thanks
TP

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 12, 2019, 6:08:13 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
Tokyo,

The BB isn’t powerful enough to run the UI from a browser on it, so a connected computer is required.

Thanks,

Tokyo Pav

Feb 12, 2019, 6:13:17 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
OK, that's good to know. BTW did anything else change like maximum cutting speed, rapid speed, A axis limits, etc? Just in case I need to update my post-processor.
Thanks
TP

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 12, 2019, 7:08:31 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
Tokyo,

Nothing should have changed to where you need to update your post processor. Thanks for being so active and helpful on this forum!

QR

Tokyo Pav

Feb 12, 2019, 7:22:14 PM2/12/19
to Pocket NC
Thanks Q
Good to know. I know how important it is to keep forums alive from our siemens cam forum. We have magnitudes more users and still it can become a wasteland if people don't jump in to help. I also learn a lot from these forums. This is certainly one of the best groups I've been part of. Keep up the good work everyone.
cheers
TP