V2 table and vise Fusion 360 model

Kirk Jensen

Aug 28, 2018, 3:40:08 PM8/28/18
to Pocket NC
Hello.
When using the machine table and vise cad model in Fusion, The parts are not rigid groups. I.E. if you click on the vise or its jaw and drag it, it moves out of place.
Why is the vise not rigid with the vise adapter? and so on. Why is the vise jaw not a sliding joint to allow you to move it out and grab stock bodies?
Am i missing something? or did i download the wrong model?

Jonathan

Aug 29, 2018, 10:31:17 AM8/29/18
to Pocket NC
Kirk,

Thanks for mentioning this. It is possible that the model we have available has the parts unconstrained. It could also be an issue with the file type. I think that the joints would only import correctly if the file was a Fusion file such as a .f3d file. I will need to check into it a bit further. For now, you could certainly constrain it with groups/joints if that would make things easier for you.

Jonathan