Moonscape

Tokyo Pav

Jan 10, 2018, 6:12:36 AM1/10/18
to Pocket NC
Machined my miniature moonscape today. Very pleased with the detail I was able to achieve from the facet model. Smallest cutter was 2mm ballnaose. Great accuracy and repeatability from the PocketNC. Also used my new (simple) fixture for holding the parts from the back for easy machining. Couple of photos at the end to show the fixture. Worked great.
Enjoy. Watch in 4K as I have some detail close ups to show the detail. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/JwePJC8k3_k

Jonathan

Jan 10, 2018, 9:40:46 AM1/10/18
to Pocket NC
Thanks for sharing this. Very impressive! What type of wood were you milling?

Jonathan

Tokyo Pav

Jan 10, 2018, 9:51:08 AM1/10/18
to Pocket NC
Not sure what the wood is. It’s pretty hard though. Came out with a great finish because it’s pretty hard. Nice definition.

Tokyo Pav

Jan 11, 2018, 12:00:11 AM1/11/18
to Pocket NC
I checked the Japanese label on my wood stock. It’s Padauk. Seems to be a nice wood used on guitars and the like. Natural good finish especially with the small stepovers.