weird problem with cutting since last post update

Wayne Callaghan

Feb 21, 2021, 8:00:59 PM2/21/21
to Pocket NC
the toolpaths look right in fusion, and similate properly, when i run gcode on pocket NC simulator it looks right, but when im cutting the paths seem to be shifting in x-axis relative to center , and thus not lining up properly on each face, although overall size and shape seem right, any ideas what may be causing this?

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 22, 2021, 10:40:55 AM2/22/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Wayne,

If it seems like there is a very distinct offset in one axis, the first thing to try is clearing work offsets. We have seen work offsets get inadvertently set and not show up in the "Work Offsets" section of the user interface. To clear the offsets, go to the Tooling page and click on the "G54" icon and then select "Remove all offsets"

If that does not solve the issue please reach out to us at ser...@pocketnc.com and we will continue to troubleshoot!

Thanks,

Q Rothing
Applications Engineer, Pocket NC

Brad Cavallaro

Feb 22, 2021, 11:41:00 AM2/22/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Wayne,
If you are working using the vice, is it possible that you didn't account for half the tool diameter when you were finding the face of the stock in the X direction during setup? I've had this happen to me before and although the part cut correctly, it was clear that on one side more stock was removed than on the other (only in the x-direction)? Let me know if this isn't clear.
Brad

azdavi...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2021, 12:08:43 PM2/22/21
to Pocket NC

Sounds like the machine has not homed correctly. jog the x axis toward the front of the machine and make sure the magnet is free of chips. Im constantly having this issue. I made a program that allows my to verify my x, y, tool offset, and runout are correct. The rotary axis are usually fine as the home switches are protected. once you get it homing correctly use a pair of calipers and take measurements of the axiis relative to the frame for future reference.

Wayne Callaghan

Feb 22, 2021, 2:56:32 PM2/22/21
to Pocket NC
Thanks all, it was an unexpected x axis offset, resolved as you expected when set back to zero, how does it get set in first place ?

Wayne

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 22, 2021, 3:07:05 PM2/22/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Wayne,

Glad to hear that clearing the offsets did the trick! Those offsets can be caused by a software bug that was present in a handful of software versions. If you are not on the latest version of our software (you can check by going to Conf. > Status > Software Version) it would be good to update your machine. Instructions on how to do so can be found here - https://pocketnc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PNFUR/pages/580976641/Updating+Software

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Best,