Pocket NC v2 AB tilted and yawed

bric...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2019, 11:41:55 PM2/25/19
to Pocket NC
I've been having a heck of a time getting precision with my v2.
I cut cavities into small (2.5" square) aluminum injection molds, and they require precision.

After cutting a few "cockeyed cavities", I couldn't figure out why I was getting a variable depth, and a rotation skew in my cavities, and then it dawned on me: "Maybe my ZERO is not ZERO!"

I mounted my Noga arm to the tapped 4mm hole at the top of the Spindle mount, and secured my indicator and measured. Sure enough, my table is slightly tilted when flat, and slightly rotated from square.

A indicates -.18 degrees out of parallel with XZ.
B indicates -.09 degrees out of parallel with XY (after A is rotated 90 degrees)

I then jogged each to square (A 90.18, and B 00.09), and now all axes indicate square.

Has anyone else noticed this amount of error in your V2 machine?

Even more importantly - How do I set a new home position for A and B to compensate for their "new zero"?

BTW - My Noga arm will stay monuted on the spindle mount, and it can be folded out of the way on top when I don't need it.

bric...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2019, 3:03:48 PM2/27/19
to Pocket NC
After a lengthy discussion with Q and Jonathan from Pocket NC, we've determined it is most likely an error in my indication process, and not something to do with my V2 itself.

My indicator is good for .0005" resolution, and they indicate on each machine at .0001".

The good news is that I now know where to adjust the home settings of each axis if and when I even need to do so.

Excellent technical support over there at Pocket NC!

--Will