Spindle acting very strange

Brad Cavallaro

Mar 12, 2021, 6:06:42 PM3/12/21
to Pocket NC
Hello all.
Does anyone have any experience or input on the sound my spindle is making? Earlier the machine took too large of a cut due to me not specifying the stock dimensions correctly and stalled out. I stopped nearly as I saw it happening, but when I started the machine back up again the spindle started making the sounds from the video.

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Mar 15, 2021, 12:23:24 PM3/15/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Brad,

Unfortunately, I think there may have been some damage done to either your spindle or spindle motor. The first video (the one where it sounds like the spindle is pulsing) kind of suggests that the issue is with the motor. But the loudness of the spindle in both videos is indicative of possible damage to the spindle's bearings. We will likely need to do some more troubleshooting to track down the issue so if you want to shoot us an email at ser...@pocketnc.com we will get you taken care of!

Thanks,

Q Rothing
Applications Engineer, Pocket NC