Climb cut in MasterCAM given undesirable toolpath

22 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jacob Watt

ungelesen,
26.01.2019, 00:23:5326.01.19
an Pocket NC

climb front.PNG

I'm trying to machine an impeller using MasterCAM 2018 Blade Expert. I'm trying to do two things that are preventing me from having a good toolpath, 1) I want minimal stickout (1") and 2) I want to use climb cut so as to minimize tool wear and chips getting recut.

When I use the center outwards, climb cut option the B table rotates 180 degrees during the cuts and makes it so I go outside the Z axis negative limit, see image.

When I use conventional cut the B table only rotate about +/- 45 degrees and I stay within the z axis limits.

Am I missing an option somewhere that will keep the B table in that +/- 45 degree range during climb cut?

Thanks.

Jacob Watt

ungelesen,
06.02.2019, 22:35:0806.02.19
an Pocket NC
So I sort of figured it out, but it caused another issue that I'll discuss in another thread.

By changing the side tilt angle to close to 0 and by setting a min and preferred angle to negative values I am able to stay within the z axis limits while using climb cut. It also gives a very clean cut when the preferred lead angle is set to -10°.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten