Rotary axis strange tool path in Fusion 360

Volodymyr Smolkin

Mar 26, 2021, 1:14:23 PM3/26/21
to Pocket NC
Hi all.
I make the spiral cut, but when I make post-process, it makes the first strange movement rotating the B axis to 9000+, which takes a lot of time. Why it's making this useful move?
I am thinking that the problem in post processor
gcode.JPG
qeqwe.JPG

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Mar 29, 2021, 3:07:01 PM3/29/21
to Pocket NC
Hello!

The way the software on the Pocket NC V2 works, the machine has to move in total number of degrees when moving the rotary axes. This means that, in order to cut in the direction you want, the machine needs to start that operation by positioning the B axis in a way that will allow it to make those rotary moves while staying within a certain range. I believe you can get rid of the initial "wind-up" by changing your cut direction in Fusion 360.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't, feel free to reach out to us at ser...@pocketnc.com with your Fusion 360 file and we can take a closer look to see if we can help further.

Q Rothing
Applications Engineer, Pocket NC

Volodymyr Smolkin

Apr 2, 2021, 9:32:31 AM4/2/21
to Pocket NC
Did not helps me, sent the fusion file to service mail.

понеділок, 29 березня 2021 р. о 22:07:01 UTC+3 qrot...@pocketnc.com пише: