Tool Types

Furkan

Apr 22, 2021, 9:55:41 AM4/22/21
to Pocket NC
Hi everyone,

Do you have a tool that you recommend for cutting threads and making threads in Pocket Nc?

Also I am using Fusion 360. What command should I use if I supply tools?

Sami

gre...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 11:33:01 AM4/22/21
to Pocket NC
Hi Sami,

You can either drill/bore the hole and manually tap afterwards or you can thread mill the holes. You need a thread milling tool (I get mine from Sorotec or Datron) and then you use a thread milling cycle in Fusion. It basically creates a helical cutting path for the thread mill. Most thread mills can do a range of thread sizes if they are of the single tooth type.

Cheers,

Graham

Furkan

Apr 26, 2021, 4:30:40 AM4/26/21