Inverse time feedrate

Martin de Blois

May 7, 2019, 8:04:09 AM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
I have a part that uses the swarf feature. The A and B axis are both in action, until one or both have to unwind, which is painfully slow.
I remember seeing an article discussing the solution, involving changing the feed rate to “inverse time”, for a better rotary speed control.
Now I cant find that article...
Looking for a simple solution...
I saw some documentation regarding this, here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/multi-axis-feedrates/td-p/7346609
But I am not sure how it applies to pocketnc post processing handling...

Q Rothing

May 7, 2019, 7:32:03 PM5/7/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Martin,

The Pocket NC and its post processor do support inverse time feedrates but that that won't necessarily speed up the unwinding since it is likely that your machine is already moving as fast as it can in those rotary axes. Unfortunately, since we have to have limits on our axes, we do not have a solution to the unwinding issue other than stopping the program and simply rehoming the machine.

I hope this helps some.

Thanks!

Q Rothing
Pocket NC

Martin de Blois

May 12, 2019, 9:11:17 AM5/12/19
to Pocket NC
Study, and study some more.
Here is the solution some guy developed for his problem. Not on Pocket Nc, but for Linux cnc:
https://youtu.be/d0ffiCekhpE