B Axis does not move

Gonzalo Alvarez

Mar 6, 2019, 8:09:53 AM3/6/19
to Pocket NC
B Axis does not home. seams stocked ia a position even though the stepper motor seams to be running the axis does not move! help please !

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Mar 6, 2019, 11:29:00 AM3/6/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Gonzalo,

Did you receive my direct reply to this issue? Just verifying so that we can get the issue taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Q Rothing
Application Engineer, Pocket NC

blair....@cloud3d.ltd

May 2, 2019, 9:22:36 AM5/2/19
to Pocket NC
I am having the same issue. It would be helpfull to other users if the outcome of the previous situation was explained.

Gonzalo Alvarez

May 2, 2019, 9:45:22 AM5/2/19
to Pocket NC
Yes I did, the motor continuity is ok. After helping to turn I was able to make it turn cleanin aluminum chips inside the gap between the circular block of the B axis.

Then I have a video with the issue still, it works for one side the other direction get stock. Lose the screw on the side of the block and the other direction works but then the previous gets stock.

Gonzalo

blair....@cloud3d.ltd

May 2, 2019, 9:53:24 AM5/2/19
to Pocket NC
after a full power cycle and manual movement of the axis through the web app prior to homing I got it to work.

I turned it upside down and ran it in both directions for a while to let any small debris come out. As I keep it clean as part of daily operation not much came out.

qrot...@pocketnc.com

May 2, 2019, 10:45:23 AM5/2/19
to Pocket NC
Hi,

We are working with Gonzalo directly to find the source of the problem and will definitely post our solution as soon as we have one. Although, it sounds like you may have had some luck in getting yours to turn again, is that correct?

Thank you both for your patience.

Q Rothing
Pocket NC

Gonzalo Alvarez

May 2, 2019, 1:21:14 PM5/2/19
to Pocket NC
Did the same and it works now !! Some debrief camo out. Do you have instructions as to how to disemble and clean debrief completely. I have the feeling that It will get stock soon again if dont clean fully.

blair....@cloud3d.ltd

May 6, 2019, 9:23:43 AM5/6/19
to Pocket NC
Hey Q,
Yes, got mine working by giving it a good clean out with air and running it upside down after a full power cycle. Thanks.

On a separate note, get whoever manages your facebook to reply to posts as its letting down your awesome company. I asked a question months ago with no reply, others have noticed this lack of contact and have also commented. Im a fan of you guys so want to do what I can to help.

qrot...@pocketnc.com

May 6, 2019, 10:04:17 AM5/6/19
to Pocket NC
Thank you for your replies and feedback!

Gonzalo- We do not currently have instructions on an effective way to get that B-disc completely but will we will look into it as soon as possible.

Blair- Thanks chiming in on this and explaining how you were able to solve the problem! We also appreciate the Facebook feedback and will work on being more attentive there!

Q Rothing

May 21, 2019, 6:56:11 PM5/21/19
to Pocket NC
Hi,

As of now we still do not have a great way for users to clean chips out of their B disc. We do, however, have a few recommendations on how to mitigate the problem:

1) Vacuum the machine often
2) Take extra care to clean very small chips up, especially when the program calls for a lot of B moves
3) Create some sort of guard to cover the seam between the B disc and the housing (ie cardboard ring, tape, 3D printed guard)

Hopefully this helps but if you continue to run into this issue be sure to let us know so that we can help you get it taken care of!

-Q Rothing
Pocket NC

ochoa...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2019, 12:12:14 PM10/24/19
to Pocket NC
¡Hi!

I'm having this problem. I've already tried:
  • vacuuming the machine
  • running B axis before homing

But still not moving. Is there another procedure that I can try?

We were running a simple demo (just axis moving, without really cutting) and just stopped working. But, yes, there were some chips (nylamid) in the table.

Thanks in advance,

David

Q Rothing

Oct 24, 2019, 5:39:16 PM10/24/19
to Pocket NC
Hi David,

I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue! As of now, this methods lined out above are the best solutions for this problem. If they do not solve your issue, please email me at qrot...@pocketnc.com to discuss sending the machine back to us for repair.

Thanks!
Q Rothing
Pocket NC