Swapping V2-10 and V2-50 spindles - practical

Mike Henry

Feb 27, 2019, 11:56:05 PM2/27/19
to Pocket NC
Is it practical to swap the V2-10 and V2-50 spindles?  I'm thinking that there may be projects where using one spindle would be more useful than the other.

Put another way, is it even possible to change out one spindle for the other?  If so, how long might it take?

I'm planning on buying a V2 and am not sure yet which spindle that I might want.

bric...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2019, 1:26:24 AM2/28/19
to Pocket NC
I would be surprised it they are swappable.

Different spindles require different settings in the variable frequency drive (VFD) that powers them - and each spindle may need a different drive.

qrot...@pocketnc.com

Feb 28, 2019, 9:51:38 AM2/28/19
to Pocket NC
Hi Mike,

BrickArms is on the right track here. We are able to upgrade a V2-10 to a V2-50 here at the factory but it is not really something that a customer should, or could, do, especially on a regular basis. Among other things, the V2-50 requires different electronics and software so swapping all that out would be challenging.

If you haven't seen it already, we have an article on our website, here, that helps differentiate the two spindles in hopes of making the decision easier for customers. And, as always, we are happy to help if you have any other questions! Just email us at in...@pocketnc.com or through the "Contact Us" page on our website.

Happy Making!

Q Rothing
Applications Engineer, Pocket NC

Mike Henry

Mar 1, 2019, 5:53:10 PM3/1/19
to Pocket NC
Thanks for the answer.  I'll follow up later in email when I buy to see which spindle would be best for me.