Jog increments in millimeter

M Michel

Sep 18, 2018, 1:57:44 PM9/18/18
to Pocket NC
Hello again,

I try position the tool by jogging to specific spot. My units are set to millimeters and I would like to proceed in 1, 0.1 or 0.01mm steps.

However, the steps are 2.54, 0.254 or 0.0254mm.

Any ideas?

Thanks and cheers
Michel

ke...@pocketnc.com

Sep 19, 2018, 10:31:58 AM9/19/18
to Pocket NC
The following shortcuts are implemented software v3.4.0:

 1-5 change the currently selected axis
- jogs the currently selected axis negative
 = jogs the currently selected axis positive (the + key, but you don't have to press shift)
 [ selects the next biggest step size for the currently selected axis
 ] selects the next smallest step size for the currently selected axis

Note that the step sizes apply to the ones listed in the Jog panel on the Production tab, not the ones in the Conf/Jogging section.

You'll need to check your software version under the Conf tab > Version.

luig...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2019, 12:10:26 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
Did you find out how to change the jog to mm?
thanks!

Kerry Neal

Jul 11, 2019, 12:19:34 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
Hi,

You need to update to a recent version of software (after February 2019) as earlier versions didn't have this, but you should be able to just update the units to metric within the software user interface and then jog the same way as mentioned above and it will jog in metric units. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Kerry
Pocket NC

Graham Stabler

Jul 11, 2019, 12:19:40 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
Units are set under Display in the Conf section
Jog steps are set under Jogging in the Conf section

Graham

luig...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2019, 1:00:58 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
I belive i'm in version 3.7.0
it displays the mm value of an inch (2.54)

Kerry Neal

Jul 11, 2019, 1:04:34 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
You will need version 4.0 or later - you can see the post on updating instructions here.

luig...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2019, 1:41:25 PM7/11/19
to Pocket NC
Thanks! Its working now.